Raise your hand if you loathe writing Instagram captions almost as much as I do (this chick’s hand shoots straight up)? Yup, you and me both. Between taking photos and editing them, I feel like my creative juices hath runneth dry by the time I actually sit down to create super snazzy Instagram captions.
And that’s kind of a lot since I have lived in NYC for well over 20 years, take tons of pics at iconic NYC Instagram spots. and have gobs of phtoos I am constantly uploading to Instagram (Hint, hint. Shameless self-promo here. Check out my Instagram account now)!
In all seriousness though, I kind of wish I could just insert a cute corgi pup GIF into my Instagram captions and call it a day since their adorable wiggly butts will be infinitely cuter than I’ll ever be.
Ya feel me?
Well, since that is very much not an option, here are 60+ Amazing Instagram captions for New York. Easy to use Instagram captions for NYC content that you can quickly and easily use to jazz up even the dullest of Instagram snippets.
So, without further ado, here is my epic list of the best Instagram captions for New York photos! This way, you can totally get back to the things you love and enjoy travel life.
Dear wonderful, beautiful, and oh-so-amazing reader (Yup, I lay it on thick for my dozens of fans). Since I am incapable of making it rain money, there’s a high probability (like 99.999%) that this post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more information. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Simple Instagram Captions for New York
Sometimes when you’re looking for Instagram captions for New York, you want something short, sweet, and to the point. Welp, that’s exactly what you’ll get here.
So, no long, Shakespearean-esg tyoe pros in this section.
Only concise but delightful captions that will quickly and easily get your point across to all the incredibly devoted members of your Instagram fandom.
1. “Welcome to the concrete jungle”
2. “Someone tell Gossip Girl I’m here right now”
3. “I want to live as many lives as there are in New York City”
4. “Baby I’m from New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of.”
5. “Meet me in New York”
6. “Hello, New York you’re looking gorgeous today!”
7. “London is satisfied, Paris is resigned, but New York is always hopeful…”
8. “If you follow your heart just right, it will get you to New York City.”
9. “Happiness is…. holding tickets that say, New York.”
10. “Summer nights and city lights.”
11. “A New York Minute.”
12. “I left my heart in New York City.”
13. “I swapped stars for skylines.”
14. “Uptown things and downtown dreams!”
15. “New York city girl”
16. “Good morning New York City”
17. “The city that never sleeps”
18. “I heart New York”
19. “I think I was made to live in New York”
20. “New York – the city of dreams.”
Short Instagram Captions for New York
Another section full of awesome, super short Instagram captions for New York.
Basically, these quotes will help convey your pure, unadulterated love for all things New.
However. these top New York quotes will do so in as few words as possible.
After all, we know that 99.999% of Instagram users have the attention span of a fruit fly. And yes, I am totally including myself in that sweeping generalization.
21. “New York is not a city – it’s a world.” — Iman
22. “New York is always a good idea”
23. “Welcome to New York, it’s been waiting for you.” — Taylor Swift, ‘Welcome to New York’
24. “I left my heart in New York”
25. “I’m in a New York state of mind.” — Billy Joel, ‘New York State of Mind’
26. “The city that never sleeps.”
27. “I want to be a part of it, New York, New York.” — Frank Sinatra, ‘New York, New York’
28. “Once upon a time in New York”
29. “Times Square can’t shine as bright as you.” — Plain White T’s, ‘Hey There Delilah’
30. “New York state of Mind”
31. “New York is calling I must go”
32. “New York I love you”
33. “The Big Apple”
34. “I’d rather be in New York”
35. “Hustle like a New Yorker”
36. “Enjoying every New York minute”
37. “Let the city set you free”
38. “Welcome to New York City, it’s waiting for you.”
39. “Sky’s the limit”
40. “You can leave New York but it will never leave you.”
41. “You can take the girl out of New York but you can’t take the New York out of the girl.”
42. “Forever a city girl”
43. “This is the city I love the most”
44. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.”– Melody Truong
45. “All you need is love and skylines”
46. “Give me such shows – give me the streets of Manhattan.”
47. “I left my heart in New York city, where I could dream and nights were long.”
48. “If a man can live in Manhattan, he can live anywhere.”
49. “London is a mystery, NYC is an explanation.”
50. “You can not paint the way New York is, but the way it looks.”
51. “New York, new me.”
Cute Instagram Captions for New York
Looking for some cute Instagram captions for New York that have all those uber-adorbz feels? If do then this is the section for you.
Yeah, this is basically like the cheesy, Hallmark channel romantic comedy section of this post where you’ll be going “aww”, get some cute puppy vibes, and might even slow clap it up.
JK. I seriously doubt anyone will be slow-clapping after reading these Instagram captions for New York. Even though they are 3WickedAwesome #NewYork #I’llStopWithTheDumbHashtags.
52. “Major cities are not settled, they are constantly changing and taking the world with them.”
53. “Wanderlust and city dust”
54. “I like the experience of being anonymous in the big city, I do not know anyone, so it’s easy to remember who I am.”
55. “New York has a power that can not be found in any other city in the world.”
56. “The city is measured not by its length and width, but by the width of its vision and the height of its dreams.”
57. “New York City is my goal.”
58. “Anything is possible. This is New York.” — Carrie Bradshaw, SATC
59. “Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper.” — Demi Lovato, “Skyscraper”
60. “I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps.” — Frank Sinatra, “New York, New York”
62. “Each neighborhood has it’s own beauty & idiosyncrasies that spark creativity.”
63. “New York City’s the place where they said, ‘Hey, babe, Take a walk on the wild side’” – Lou Reed
64. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.”
65. “Would you rather live one perfect day over and over or live your life with no perfect days but just decent ones?” — Jenny Han
66. “If you follow your heart just right, it will get you to New York City.”
67. “Give my regards to Broadway,” – George M. Cohan
Long Instagram Captions for New York
Looking for an Instagram caption for New York that is slightly more substantial? If so then these long pieces of Instagram verbiage are totes magoats for you.
Yeah, think of these and like War and Peace size quotes and anecdotes that will make all your Instagram homies swoon.
Okay, I’ll stop being a basic b+tch right now. Right after I get my pumpkin spice latte in my UGG boots.
68. “Each neighborhood of the city appeared to be made of a different substance, each seemed to have a different air pressure, a different psychic weight: the bright lights and shuttered shops, the housing projects and luxury hotels, the fire escapes and city parks.” – Teju Cole, Open City
69. “But there is one thing about it—once you have lived in New York and it has become your home, no place else is good enough.” – John Steinbeck
70. “If you want to become a real New Yorker, there’s only one rule: You have to believe New York is, has been, and always will be the greatest city on earth. The center of the universe.” – Ellen R. Shapiro
71. “Whoever is born in New York is ill-equipped to deal with any other city: all other cities seem, at best, a mistake, and, at worst, a fraud. No other city is so spitefully incoherent.” – James Baldwin
72. “I look out the window and I see the lights and the skyline and the people on the street rushing around looking for action, love, and the world’s greatest chocolate chip cookie, and my heart does a little dance.” – Nora Ephron, Heartburn
73. “New Yorkers are born all over the country, and then they come to New York City and it hits them: Oh, that’s who I am.” — Delia Ephron
74. “Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” — You’ve Got Mail
Funny Instagram Captions for New York
I think I’m funny. Just maybe not Seinfeld level funny.
That’s why perhaps I’m not quite cool enough to expertly handcraft some of the funniest Instagram captions for New York.
And if you’re emphatically nodding your head yes right now, then this section is for you.
Because these super snazzy New York quotes and captions contain a little bit a sass, wit, and hilarity all rolled into one.
So, if you pee your pants a little, don;t blame me.
75. “A bad day in New York City is still better than a good day anywhere else.”
76. “When you leave New York, you are astonished at how clean the rest of the world is.” – Fran Lebowitz
77. “I’m just a little apple in the Big Apple.”
78. “The true New Yorker secretly believes that people living anywhere else have to be, in some sense, kidding.”- John Updike
79. “Times Square’s so bright, I need to wear shades.”
80. “When it’s 100 degrees in New York, it’s 72 in Los Angeles. When it’s 30 degrees in New York, in Los Angeles it’s still 72. However, there are 6 million interesting people in New York, and only 72 in Los Angeles.” – Neil Simon
81. “I fell in love. His name is New York.”
82. “It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story.” – Agatha Christia
83. “New York City is a tourist trap I don’t mind being in.”
84. “You haven’t lived until you died in New York.” – Alexander Woollcott
85. “Someone asked me for directions, so you can call me a real New Yorker.”
86. “New York is a diamond iceberg floating in river water.” – Truman Capote
87. “I came, I ate, I conquered.”
88. “When you leave New York you ain’t going anywhere.” – Jimmy Breslin
89. “It was never built for the comfort and happiness of its citizens, but to astonish the world.” – Susan Ertz
90. “Anytime four New Yorkers get into a cab together without arguing, a bank robbery has just taken place.” – Johnny Carson
91. “I get out of the taxi and it’s probably the only city which in reality looks better than on the postcards, New York.” – Milos Forman
92. “You can try to change New York, but it’s like Jay-Z says: ‘Concrete bunghole where dreams are made up. There’s nothing you can do.’” – Liz Lemon of SNL
93. “The flag of New York City should be someone with four bags opening a door with their shoulder.” – Alex Baze
94. “There is more sophistication and less sense in New York than anywhere else on the globe.” – Elbert Hubbard
85. “Skyscraper National Park.” – Kurt Vonnegut
96. “On a New York subway you get fined for spitting, but you can throw up for nothing.” – Lewis Grizzard
NYC Quotes for Instagram
Looking to quote someone infinitely wittier than me on Instagram? Heck yeah, you are! Because great quotes can be inspiring and are a great way to increase engagement on your Instagram posts.
So, if you’re in the market for some uber-fresh NYC quotes for Instagram, then swan dive right into this epic section right now. You saucy minx of a reader you.
97. “It’s pretty cliched, but Times Square is just incredible. You really feel like you’re in the capital of the world.” — Timothy F. Cahill
98. “There is something in the New York air that makes sleep useless.” – Simone de Beauvoir
99. “New York is a city that plays hard to get. You want me? You better work for it.” – Rony Vardi
100. “The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and the beauty in the world.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
101. “I would give the greatest sunset in the world for one sight of New York’s skyline.” – Ayn Rand
102. “A hundred times I have thought: New York is a catastrophe, and fifty times: it is a beautiful catastrophe.” – Le Corbusier
103. “More than anything else New York is a city of superlatives, a place where the best, the brightest, the biggest is the norm.” – Marilyn J. Appleberg
104. “New York is really the place to be; to go to New York, you’re going to the center of the world, the lion’s den.” – Zubin Mehta
105. “One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years.” – Tom Wolfe
106. “There’s something so romantic about being broke in New York. You gotta do it. You have to live there once without any money, and then you have to live there when you have money. Let me tell you, of the two, the latter is far better.” Amy Poehler
107. “My favorite thing about New York is the people because I think they’re misunderstood. I don’t think people realize how kind New York people are.” – Bill Murray
108. “Quite simply, I was in love with New York. I do not mean ‘love’ in any colloquial way, I mean that I was in love with the city, the way you love the first person who ever touches you and you never love anyone quite that way again.” – Joan Didion
109. ”I love New York on summer afternoons when everyone’s away.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald (from The Great Gatsby)
110. “Give me the streets of Manhattan!” – Walt Whitman
111. “New York had all the iridescence of the beginning of the world.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
New York Puns Captions
Come on! You Jamaica-n me crazy with all these Instagram captions for New York that you want! LOL.
Okay, okay, I’ll quit punning around. LOL.
Because I know what you really want…some lame AF puns that you can adeptly place inside all of those wicked awesome Insta captions of yours.
I mean, I know I’m kind of a super dork. But, surely someone else out there loves a beyond lame pun or two like me. Am I right?
Yeah, don’t answer that and just read on Gunga Din.
112. “Man…NYC really dropped the ball this year, didn’t they?”
113. First Time-rs Square.
114. Do you know how many donkeys there are in NYC? Five burros.
115. Living the High Line.
116. MOMA money, mo’ problems.
117. The street art in New York is very ad-mural-able.
118. Finally made it to the Statue of Liberty. It’s a boat time!
119. Arch you glad you’re in New York?
120. After sightseeing all day, I’m Central Park-ing myself down for the rest of the night.
121. In winter, New York makes a great frost impression.
122. Park Slope? No. More like no parking slope.
123. I don’t think you’re Dumbo.
124. 30 Rock ‘n Roll
125. What a bodega body.
126. A trip to NYC can be very taxi-ng on your wallet.
127. I’m so glad we MET.
128. Ferry on my wayward son.
129. Stop Yankee-ng my chain.
130. It’s a bridge too far.
131. Aaron Burr, it’s cold in here.
132. Queens for a day.
133. You really do Ramble on.
134. First, do no Harlem.
135. Oculus Prime
136. I like my Prospects
137. Could things get any Bleeker?
138. Jamaica-n me crazy.
139. To new Heights.
140. I’d like an Ice Cream Coney.
141. Tell me a bedtime Astoria.
142. SoHo-what’s about we get out of here?
143. Red Hook, Line, and Sinker.
144. I’m not happy, but I’m not Madison.
145. I can’t see the Forrest Hills for the trees.
146. Can I borrow your Flatiron?
147. It’s Bed-Stuy time.
148. You need a breath mint. Actually you need like tenements.
149. Don’t get in a Tiff.
150. Whose Brighton idea was it, anyway?
151. You’ve got a Greenpoint.
152, Rockwell the Casbah
Additional Travel Resources You’ll Love
And if you found this post even a little bit helpful, be sure to pin this now so that you can read it again later!