Look, I get it. I’m a full-time travel blogger and an avid Instagram user who knows all about uncovering the perfect travel captions for Instagram. And let me tell you, it can be really tough trying to find perfect travel quotes for Instagram.
I mean, if you’re reading this post right now, chances are pretty good that you travel regularly and have amazing photos that you want to share with your followers – gorg snapshots that need a few rad Instagram travel captions to spice things up and make them really pop on Instagram.
So, if this sounds even a little bit like you then you’ve come to the right place. Because I’ve expertly curated this epic list of 232 of the best travel captions for Instagram on the internet today just for you!
A supremely epic collection of Instagram travel captions that are designed to be inspiring and easy to read while still increasing overall engagement on this social media platform of awesome.
Therefore, if you’re ready to take your Instagram game to the NEXT level, then continue on my travel-loving friend and take a look at the best travel captions for Instagram ever.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more information. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
If you’re booking a trip right now then I IMPLORE you to get travel insurance – even if it’s not from me.
After all, this past year has been a wild ride and I don’t want you to lose money because government regulations have changed.
Truth be told though, I’ve never traveled without travel insurance and don’t think you should either – especialy since I think we’ve all had plans drastically change because of the pandemic.
Therefore, find an insurance agency that covers travel changes related to COVID-19, like my two all-time faves
Short Travel Captions for Instagram
These short travel options for Instagram are next-level awesome since they are really easy to read and pack a whole lot of meaning/inspiration into as few words as possible.
So, if you’re looking for some awesome Instagram travel captions then this is a really great place to start.
1. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
2. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
3. “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.” – Unknown
4. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sonta
5. “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
6. “Don’t call it a dream. Call it a plan.” – Calibe Thompson
7. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by and that made all the difference.”- Robert Frost
8. “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” – Paulo Coelho
9. “Keep calm and travel on.”
10. “I decided to skip ahead to the part of my life where I travel the world.”
11. “Tans and jetlag fade, but memories last a lifetime
12. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” – Anaïs Nin
13. “I’ve got a case of incurable wanderlust.”
14. “Surely, of all the wonders of the world, the horizon is the greatest.” – Freya Stark
15. “Collect moments, not things.”
16. “We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us.”
17. “Up, up, and away!”
18. “My sweet escape.”
Inspirational Travel Quotes for Instagram
I’ll be the first one to admit that some of these inspirational travel quotes for Instagram are a bit on the longish side since your average Instagram user now has the attention span of a goldfish.
But, this selection of the best quotes about travel are still inspiring enough to make people stop for a second and consider your photo, making them contenders for some of the best travel captions for Instagram on this entire list.
19. “What is life but one grand adventure?” – Rachelle Niemann
20. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes your life richer.”
21. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
22. “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.” – Asian Proverb
23. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
24. “I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” – Eric Roth, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
25. “Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.” – Ernest Hemingway
26. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
27. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
28. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.”- T.S. Eliot
29. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
30. “A year from now, you will wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
31. “Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing.” – Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead
32. “Wherever you are, be all there.” – Jim Elliot
33. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” – Oscar Wilde
34. “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
35. “One’s destination is never a place but rather a new way at looking at things.”- Henry Miller
36. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow” – Anita Desai
37. “The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself” – Wallace Stevens
38. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes” – Marcel Proust
39. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
40. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore” – Andre Gide
41. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world” – Gustave Flaubert
42. “We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone” – Katie Thurmes
43. “The journey is my home” – Muriel Rukeyser
44. “Travel – the best way to be lost and found at the same time” – Brenna Smith
45. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware” – Martin Buber
46. “Travel teaches toleration” – Benjamin Disraeli
47. “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves” – Pico Iyer
48. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have” – Anna Quindlen
49. “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them” – Jo Walton
50. “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go” – Anthony Bourdain
Funny Travel Captions for Instagram
I dunno about you but more often than not, I am in need of a really good laugh, especially after this crazy year and a half that we’ve all had. So, if you feel like I do then give some of these funny travel captions for Instagram a quick look.
They pack a whole lot of humor into as few words as possible and are epic Instagram travel captions that are sure to make more than one travel lover out there smile.
51. “The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
52. “An adventure a day keeps the doctor away.”
53. “I just need a 3-month vacation 4 times a year. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for.”
54. “I travel because I become uncomfortable being too comfortable.”– Carew Papritz
55. “Travel becomes a strategy for accumulating photographs.”
56. “It’s bad manners to keep a vacation waiting.”
57. “Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.” – Viktor E. Frankl
58.“I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain
59. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” — Ernest Hemingway
60. “Let’s wander where there is no WiFi.”
61. “Maybe you can’t buy happiness, but you can buy plane tickets.”
62. “Nothing lasts forever, except the day before you start your vacation.” – Gayland Anderson
63. “Work, travel, save, repeat.”
64. “I want someone to look at me the way I look at a travel brochure.”
65. “An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.” – G.K. Chesterton
66. “Catch flights, not feelings.”
67. “I follow my heart…which usually leads me to the nearest airport.”
68. “Time flies… until you’re counting down the days to your next vacay.”
69. “Will travel for food.”
70. “I travel so my life isn’t disrupted by routine.”
71. “Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.”
72. “I’m a travel addict on the road to recovery. Just kidding, I’m headed to the airport.”
73. “I am one of those who never knows the direction of my journey until I have almost arrived.” – Anna Louise Strong
74. “Calories don’t count when you’re on vacation.”
75. “Jet lag is for amateurs.” – Dick Clark
76. “‘I hate traveling,” said no traveler ever.”
77. “In a relationship with my passport.”
78. “Permanently out of the office.”
Adventure Captions for Instagram
Ready to head out on an adventure? Or perhaps you have some awesome travel photos that are in desperate need of some adventure captions for Instagram?
Either way, this insane list of the best travel captions for Instagram will be perfect for you and is sure to ignite a thirst for adventure in anyone looking for some awesome travel Instagram captions.
79. “Life is dangerous if you take risks but meaningless if you don’t. So chase your dreams, conquer your fears, and climb that goddamn mountain!” – Jack Kerouac
80. “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.” – Lewis Carroll
81. “There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.”- Sir Ranulph Fiennes
82. “I wanted love, but I also wanted freedom and adventure, and those two desires fought like angry obese sumo wrestlers in the dojo of my soul.” – Kristin Newman, What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding
83. “There are far better things ahead than the ones we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
84. “All good things in life are wild and free.”
85. “Travel doesn’t become adventure until you leave yourself behind.”- Marty Rubin
86. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
87. “The most dangerous thing you can do in life is play it safe.’’ – Casey Neistat
88. “Don’t be a tourist, be a traveler.”
89. “Work hard, travel harder.”
90. “There is no foreign land, it is the traveler only who is foreign.”
91. “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.”
92. “Never visit the same place twice.”
93. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
Vacation Instagram Captions
Heading out on vacation and want some awesome vacation Instagram captions to perfectly complement all your favie fave snaps? If so then this is the section for you!
It features some of the best travel captions for Instagram that relate to vacation and spending some quality time with your family while you travel.
94. “Don’t listen to what they say, go and see it for yourself.”
95. “Friends that travel together stay together.”
96. “Life is not meant to be lived in just one place.”
97. “A vacation day is always a good idea.”
98. “When traveling life’s journey, it’s good to have a friend’s hand to hold on to.”
99. “When I’m on the road is when I feel most at home.”
100. “It’s only when you step out into the unknown that you understand what you’re truly made of.”
101. “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.”- Elizabeth Gilbert
102. “This is what holidays, travels, vacations are about. It is not really rest or even leisure we chase. We strain to renew our capacity to wonder, to shock ourselves into astonishment once again.” – Shana Alexander
103. “Always take the scenic route.”
104. “Vacation mode is now on.”
105. “Paradise isn’t a place, it’s a feeling.”
106. “A tourist doesn’t know where they have been, a traveler doesn’t know where they are going.”
Best Travel Quotes for Instagram
Not gonna lie, sometimes words escape me. And that’s why I need all of the best travel quotes for Instagram to help me caption my latest and greatest photos!
So, if you run into the same problem and are forever trying to come up with something witty to accompany your photos, then these best travel captions for Instagram are 110% for you.
107. “Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you.” – Ewan Mcgregor
108. “You cannot control the past, but you can control where you go next.”
109. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
110. “There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky. And you ask “What if I fall?” Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” – Erin Hanson
111. “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
112. “Travel because money returns but time does not.”
113. “My every day bring you a new adventure.”
114. “She never felt ready, but she was brave, and the universe responds to brave.” – Sahar Yang Gs
115. “Add life to your days, not days to your life.”
116. “Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.” – Kristen Butler
117. “Don’t let your dreams stay just dreams.”
118. “We spend a lot of time looking for happiness when the world around us is full of wonder.”
119. “Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to take.” – Angela N. Blount
120. “We take photographs as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.” – Katie Thurmes, The Stories We Tell
121. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all – the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet that you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
122. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
123. “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jamie Lyn Beatty
124. “There’s no WiFi out here, but I found a better connection.”
125. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.”
Trip Captions for Instagram
If you’re going on vacation and need some amazing trip captions for Instagram in your life then you’ve come to the right place. Because these are some epic Instagram travel captions that perfectly embody what it’s like to go on a trip and how that makes people feel.
So, give these travel Instagram captions a read and use them in tandem with some of the newest travel photos from your latest trip.
126. “The mind was dreaming. The world was its dream.” – Jorge Luis Borges
127. “Couples who travel together stay together.”
128. “My sense of direction leads me one way: to the beach.“
129. “I’m in a vacation state of mind.”
130. “Tired feet = happy heart.”
131. “I only collect one thing, stamps in my passport.”
132. “To travel is to truly live.”
133. “The fastest way to expand your horizons is to visit somewhere new.”
134. “I’m the king of the world!” – Jack, Titanic
135. “Zero limitations, infinite opportunities.”
136. “The best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end.” – Pico Iyer
137. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Dr. Stephen Covey
138. “I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.” – Roman Payne
139. “The road is there; it will always be there. You just have to decide when to take it.” – Chris Humphrey
140. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without first getting lost.” Erol Ozan
141. “There is no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.” – Matt Hogan
142. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
143. “I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
144. “A comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing ever grows there.” – unknown
145. “If we wait until we’re ready, we’ll be waiting for the rest of our lives.” – Lemony Snicket
146. “The best things in life are the people we love, the places we’ve been, and the memories we’ve made along the way.” – Winston Porter Grider
Traveling Quotes for Instagram
Let’s wrap up this post about some of the best travel captions for Instagram with an exquisite selection of amazing traveling quotes for Instagram, shall we?
Yes, I think we shall since chances are pretty good that you’ll be traveling this year and will need some of the best Instagram travel captions to perfectly pair with your photos.
147. “You will never be completely at home again because part of your heart always will be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place.” – Miriam Adeney
148. “You need not even listen, just wait…the world will offer itself freely to you, unmasking itself.” – Franz Kafka
149. “Own a little, see a lot.”
150. “The man who goes alone can start today, but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.”- Henry David Thoreau
151. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote: To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
152. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
153. “The history of mankind is the instant between two strides taken by a traveler.” – Franz Kafka
154. “Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
155. “Travel not to find yourself, but to remember where you have been all long.”
156. “Live with no excuses, travel with no regrets.”
157. “Your true traveler finds boredom rather agreeable than painful. It is the symbol of his liberty-his excessive freedom. He accepts his boredom, when it comes, not merely philosophically, but almost with pleasure. – Aldous Huxley
158. “Wander often, wonder always.”
159. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
160. “I will look back at it and smile because it was life, and I decided to live it.” – unknown
161. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
162. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” – Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky
163. “It is a big and beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be most of us.” – Oberyn Martell, Game of Thrones
164. “What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do – especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” – William Least Heat-Moon
165. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
166. “When a man is a traveler, the world is his house and the sky is his roof, where he hangs his hat is his home, and all the people are his family.” – Drew Bundini Brown
167. “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” – Clifton Fadiman
Country-Specific Travel Captions for Instagram
Traveling to a specific country or city? If so then this selection of the best travel captions for Instagram is totally for you!
After all, it features some of the most inspiring travel captions for Instagram that focus on a variety of different places that you might be traveling to.
168. Czech out that view!
169. Paris, I think I’m in Louvre with you.
170. Rome definitely stole a Pizza my heart.
171. I know you said it was Chile in South America but I honestly didn’t Bolivia.
172. I Haiti to leave this place but I kind of have to go home.
173. I’m over here just China have a good time.
174. I’m in Dublin and Irish I had an umbrella.
175. What Tokyo so long to get to Japan?
176. I hope that our paths croissant again in Paris.
177. I always have a sand-sational time in Dubai.
178. The flag is a big plus of living in Switzerland.
179. I guess I’ll Alaska a local if I want to find snow in the USA.
180. There is absolutely Norway I’m gonna miss seeing Oslo.
181. This goulash always makes me Hungary.
182. Canada is always amoose-ing.
183. I really want to taco about visiting Mexico.
184. I’m Tallinn ya that Estonia is awesome.
185. I want to Rome through Italy.
186. I found my Seoul mate in South Korea.
187. Eiffel in love with Paris.
188. I would travel to Bora Bora but I’m super poora poora.
189. I love making new France when I travel to Europe.
190. Banff is amazing and I Canada disagree with you.
191. How Kenya ever leave this amazing place?
192. I’m always Havana good time in Cuba.
193. All I wanna do is Rome the world.
194. Honestly, Machu Picchu was Inca-redible.
195. Eye will always love London.
196. Thai flies when you’re in Thailand.
197. There’s no Dutch thing as having too many bikes.
198. Oman, that river is beautiful.
199. Find someone who looks at you the way I look at the Eiffel Tower.
200. I’ve been waiting Halong time Pho someone like you.
201. I wanted to visit Tehran before Iran out of money.
202. Do you want Togo to Africa with me?
203. Delicious wine is never Faro way in Portugal.
204. Canyon believe these sweeping views?
205. I’ve got a Berning desire to go to Switzerland.
206. These salt flats are so stunning that I can’t Bolivia my eyes.
207. New York took a pizza my heart.
208. I came to Italy because I wanted a bit of Rome-ance in my life.
209. “New York is not a city – it’s a world.” – Iman
210. New York is always a good idea.
211. I left my heart in New York.
One Word Travel Captions for Instagram
Sometimes, when crafting amazing travel captions for Instagram, you don’t really need a bunch of long, drawn sentences to engage your readers and describe your photos.
Instead, you might only need a single, well-placed word or phrase to engage your followers and get them to think about your content.
So, stop stressing and start making your life a hell of a lot easier with this expertly curated selection of travel captions for Instagram.
212. Hopeless wanderer.
213. Out Exploring.
216. Living my best life.
218. Daydreaming 🤩
219. Easy breezy.
222. Perfect moments.
223. Paradise found.
225. Nomadic at heart.
227. Namaste 🙏🏽
229. Take your breath away.
232. Adventure awaits.
Additional Quotes You’ll Love
- Best Quotes About Travel
- Amazing Exploration Quotes
- Best Ever Sunrise Quotes
- Best Quotes About Mountains
- Best Ever Lake Quotes
- Fantastic Rainbow Quotes to Brighten Your Day
- Amazing Quotes About the Sea
- Best Paris Captions for Instagram
- Best Quotes about NYC
- Best Greece Quotes of All Time
- Best Whats App Status Captions