Ready for some of the all-time best rainbow quotes and quotes about rainbows? Umm, heck yeah you are! After all, rainbows are some of the greatest natural phenomena in the entire world.
In fact, I DARE you not to smile once you see a rainbow. Go on, try and prove me wrong. I’ll wait. Because I truly believe rainbows are THAT awesome.
Which is why I’ve compiled this insanely long list of the 200+ best rainbow quotes ever. Not only does it satisfy my undying love for all things rainbow, but it has some pretty awesome rainbow quotes for Instagram and rainbow captions for Instagram that you can use to accompany your latest Instagram post of wonder.
You know, so that people actually engage with your rainbow-inspired photos and don’t just scroll past them.
That’s why, if you’re in the market for a slew of awesome rainbow puns, rainbow jokes, and motivational rainbow quotes then you’ve come to the right place.
Because I’m about to reveal all my picks for the best quotes about rainbows on the interest today. So, grab a sweet bowl or rainbow sherbert and kick your heels up as we swan dive into this epic list of quotes right now!
Dear wonderful, beautiful, and oh-so-amazing reader (Yup, I lay it on thick for my dozens of fans). Since I am incapable of making it rain money, there’s a high probability (like 99.999%) that this post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more information. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Best Rainbow Quotes for Instagram
All of the rainbow quotes listed here have two things in common – they are short and they pack a whole lot of punch.
So, if you’re looking for the best rainbow quotes for Instagram that impart a ton of meaning into as few words as possible, then this section is for you.
After all, we all know that your average Instagram user probably has the attention span of a small goldfish. Therefore, rainbow quotes that are short, sweet, and to the point are probably best.
1. “We live in a rainbow of chaos.” – Paul Cezanne
2. “You are the rainbow that adds color to my gray skies.” – Avijeet Das
3. “Today’s teardrops are tomorrow’s rainbows.” – Ricky Nelson
4. “Your true colors are beautiful like a rainbow.” – Cyndi Lauper
5. “We are rainbows, me and you. Every color, every hue.” – Miley Cyrus
6. “There’s a rainbow in the sky, all the time, don’t be blind.” – Ziggy Marley
7. “Sunset is still my favorite color, and rainbow is second.” – Mattie Stepanek
8. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
9. “Rainbows apologize for angry skies.” – Sylvia A. Voirol
10. “We needed something to express our joy, our beauty, our power. And the rainbow did that.” – Gilbert Barker
11. “There’s always been a rainbow hanging over your head.” – Kacey Musgraves
12. “If you want to see a rainbow you have to learn to see the rain.” – Paulo Coelho
13. “Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms. ” – Alyssa Knight
14. “Life throws challenges and every challenge comes with rainbows and lights to conquer it.” – Amit Ray
15. “When thunderstorms roll in, you make a choice to either succumb with tears to the gloomy downpour or smile and look for rainbows.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
16. “When it looked like the sun wasn’t going to shine anymore, there’s a rainbow in the clouds.” – Maya Angelou
Best Rainbow Quotes Short
Guess what? Here are even more awesome rainbow quotes that are SUPER short. Because let’s be real. The best quotes about rainbows don’t have to be ridiculously long to be incredibly profound and to change someone’s day.
So, add a little sparkle to the day with this expertly curated selection of short quotes about rainbows.
17. “There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.” – Karen Black
18. “Every sacrifice is a color in your rainbow!” – Cass Van Krah
19. “Only rainbows after rain / The sun will always come again.” – Tahlia Chi
20. “You whom my body longs for, where are you? In the stars, in the river, over the rainbow?” – Ramon Ravenswood
21. “May I create plain fields by collecting clouds and bedeck them with arching rainbows.” – Suman Pokhrel
22. “Gender is not sane. It’s not sane to call a rainbow black and white.” – Kate Bornstein
23. “I’m always chasing rainbows, watching clouds drifting by.” – Alice Cooper
24. “And sometimes you realize the value of the rain by knowing how unreliable and vanishing the rainbow is.” – Nur Bedeir
25. “We color the world / Not with the darkness of our pasts / But with the rainbow of our hope.” – Jenim Dibie
26. “Your laughter is warm rain, and you are the rainbow.” – Lori Jenessa Nelson
27. “Know that rainbows and butterflies are God’s gift to your joy.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
28. “Climb every mountain / Ford every stream / Follow every rainbow / Til you find your dream.” – Stephanie Laurens
29. “Wasn’t that just how life usually felt—a confusing swirl of ugly and rainbow?” – Laura Anderson Kurk
30. “Shot in the dark now reloading / You’re taking what is mine / But it’s alright feeling alive / Colors of the rainbow.” – Sevenn
31. “When beauty is seen through the windows of the soul—rainbows appear and everything is magical. It feels simply divine.” – Angie Karan
32. “Teach them that rainbows appear after a storm to remind them that light begins and ends with all colors.” – Frederic M. Perrin
33. “Don’t turn around. Don’t look back. Keep moving forward. Keep pushing. The pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow, not the beginning.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
34. “You’re a rainbow in a sometimes dark world.” – Tamara Bundy
35. “Once you learn to listen and hear the notes clearly, then you will see the rainbow.” – Todd Crawshaw
36. “I’ll paint rainbows all over your blues.” – Jonathan Sebastian
37. “I adore the sky wearing a rainbow shawl of love for the birds so that they could fly free in warmth after the storm.” – Munia Khan
38. “In life, you either choose to sing a rainbow, or you don’t. Keep singing.” – Kathleen Long
39. “Let us go where skins are rainbows / Enhanced by every hue.” – Kamand Kojouri
40. “They only wash the mud away and make way / For double rainbows and sunny days.” – Maquita Donyel Irvin
41. “With all colors combined, the world shines.” – Arefin Bashar Arif
42. “After a debauch of a thundershower, the weather takes the pledge and signs it with a rainbow.” – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
43. “Evil is like a rainbow. It retreats at the same pace as your approach. Evil is evil because you can’t understand it.” – Young-Ha Kim
44. “My eyes constantly seek the rainbow of my dreams and I sometimes fail to be grateful for raindrops that keep my hope alive.” – Vijaya Gowrisankar
45. “If your dream is at the end of a rainbow you’ll never reach it.” – Richie Norton
46. “One can enjoy a rainbow without necessarily forgetting the forces that made it.” – Mark Twain
47. “God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us – in the dreariest and most dreaded moments – can see a possibility of hope.” – Maya Angelou
48. “My teacher asked my favorite color. … I said ‘Rainbow’…. and I was punished to stand out of my class.” – Saket Assertive
49. “It was the rainbow gave thee birth, and left thee all her lovely hues.” – W.H. Davies
50. “If you have ever followed a rainbow to its end, it leads you to the ground on which you are standing.” – Alan Cohen
51. “When there is love in the heart, there are rainbows in the eyes, which cover every black cloud with gorgeous hues.” – Henry Ward Beecher
52. “What the rainbow has given our people is a thing that connects us.” – Gilbert Baker
53. “At the end of the dream, on the other side of the rainbow, there’s only light.” – Frederick Lenz
54. “Life can be a storm, but your hope is a rainbow and your friends and family are the gold.” — Steve Maraboli
55. “How could he try to get Sandi to reveal her true colors when she was a rainbow?” – Peggy Webb
55. “There comes a point in your life when you realize your hardest times are your best times, too—you will see the rainbow of your life.” – Roy Bennett
57. “If you want to enjoy the rainbow, be prepared to endure the storm.” – Warren Wendel Wiersbe
58. “I walked the rainbow trail for a good number of years.” – Tom Noddy
59. “Always have a black bow, a white bow, a rainbow bow – those bows will match literally just about everything!” – Jojo Siwa
60. “For Tim Burton’s birthday, I gave him a rainbow beetle. He loved it!” – Eva Green
61. “She comes in colors everywhere / She combs her hair / She’s like a rainbow.” – The Rolling Stones
62. “The Lord survives the rainbow of His will.” – Robert Lowell
63. “A rainbow is something in the sky, so a rainbow flag fits.” – Gilbert Baker
64. “Me writing ‘Black Rainbow’ was me alone in a windowless room going insane.” – Panos Cosmatos
65. “A rainbow is the product of physics working for your appreciation of beauty.” – Kyle Hill
66. “If a rainbow makes a sound, or a flower as it grows, that was the sound of her laughter.” – William P. Young
67. “Bubbles have more colors than a rainbow.” – Tom Noddy
68. “The rainbow flag is a symbol of freedom and liberation that we made for ourselves.” – Gilbert Barker
69. “To be a rainbow in someone’s cloud is commendable, but I prefer to be the rain because it dampens cheeks and washes away tears.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
70. “And as he spoke of understanding, I looked up and saw the rainbow leap with flames of many colors over me.” – Black Elk
71. “Where does the rainbow end, in your soul or on the horizon?” – Pablo Neruda
72. “Why would I spend my life chasing rainbows when I can be still and see them in their full beauty.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
73. “The appearance of a rainbow in the cloud shows a lasting covenant between the Creator and his creation on earth.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
74. “I know that if odour were visible, as colour is, I’d see the summer garden in rainbow clouds.” – Robert Bridges
75. “I love going to cities around the world and seeing the rainbow flag, knowing that it’s a safe place where I can be myself.” – Gilbert Baker
76. “Diversity has been written into the DNA of American life; any institution that lacks a rainbow array has come to seem diminished, if not diseased.” – Joe Klein
77. “There is no rule in the pink-triangle guide to coming out that you must wear a rainbow flag cap and organise a full band parade.” – Beth Ditto
78. “Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray.” – Lord Byron
79. “I’ve found a rainbow, rainbow, baby / Trust me, I know, life is scary / But just put those colors on, girl / Come and play along with me tonight.” – Kesha
80. “When you look at the world, the world isn’t just one palette. It’s a beautiful rainbow, and why not have someone to represent that rainbow.” – Joan Smalls
81. “A woman is like the color of the rainbow, very colorful and so beautiful.” – Gift Gugu Mona
82. “Rainbows are made of small raindrops. Happy lives are made from acts of kindness.” – Amit Ray
83. “There can be no rainbow without a cloud and a storm.” – John H. Vincent
84. “When the morning gathers the rainbow, want you to know I’m a rainbow too.” – Bob Marley
85. “Wherever you go, so will I, ’cause a double rainbow is hard to find.” – Katy Perry
86. “I was afraid that I’d forgotten all the colors of the rainbow, but I know just where I can find them again.” – Megan Shepherd
87. “The Lord survives the rainbow of His will.” – Robert Lowell
88. “Rainbows introduce us to reflections of different beautiful possibilities so we never forget that pain and grief are not the final options in life.” – Aberjhani
89. “A heart of gold is where the rainbow begins.” – Tammy L. Kubasko
90. “I’d rather see the world as a rainbow than the endless shade of gray.” – Amani Abbas
91. “Hey, Glumface, next time there’s a rainbow look up! You’ll feel better and you might see me too.” – Rainbow Brite
92. “Formal education teaches how to stand, but to see the rainbow you must come out and walk many steps on your own.” – Amit Ray
93. “The soul would have no rainbow… had the eyes no tears.” – John Vance Cheney
94. “If you disturb the colors of the rainbow, the rainbow is no longer beautiful.” – Denis Diderot
95. “We will continue to chase rainbows unless we recognize that they are rainbows and there is no pot of gold at the end of them.” – Diane Ravitch
96. “Rainbows reminds us that even after the darkest clouds and the fiercest winds there is still beauty.” – Katrina Mayer
Best Long Rainbow Quotes and Long Quotes about Rainbows
As someone who loves to talk (and hear the sound of my own voice. LOL), I know all too well how difficult it can be to capture a thought in as few words as possible.
I mean, sometimes five words are just not enough to truly articulate the message you want to convey. And that’s where these long rainbow quotes and long quotes about rainbows come in super handy.
Think of them as these awesome mini-essays that embody everything you love about life and rainbows in general.
97. “There will always be darkness. There will always be more rain after the storm has ceased. But we need to search for the rainbow between those moments.” – K. Weikel
98. “Life is colorful; be like a rainbow, use every color! Don’t get stuck in one color, be colorful! Black, red, yellow, green, let all the colors be your colors! Those who have colorful minds will have colorful bodies as well!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
99. “Why are there so many songs about rainbows / And what’s on the other side? / Rainbows are visions, but only illusions / And rainbows have nothing to hide.” – The Muppets
100. “When he got to his own house, William Wallace saw to his surprise that it had not rained at all. But there, curved over the roof, was something he had never seen before as long as he could remember, a rainbow at night. In the light of the moon, which had risen again, it looked small and of gauzy material, like a lady’s summer dress, a faint veil through which the stars showed.” – Eudora Welty
101. “You may complain that rain has stained your plans but you cannot restrain the rain; rain is water and water is life. None appreciates rainbow and sunshine better than he on whose parade it has rained.” – Vincent Okay Nwachukwu
102. “Facing our problems, first, and living by the seat of the pants, and opening ourselves to the world can turn life into a captivating journey on a sparkling rainbow.” – Erik Pevernagie
103. “You’re nobody’s rainbow. You’re nobody’s princess. You’re nobody’s doorway but your own, and the only one who gets to tell you how your story ends is you.” – Seanan McGuire
104. “I remember opening my dad’s closet and there were, like, 40 suits, every color of the rainbow, plaid and winter and summer. He had two jewelry boxes full of watches and lighters and cuff links. And just… he was that guy. He was probably unfulfilled in his life in many ways.” – Jon Hamm
105. “I think people want to live in a city that is welcoming and inclusive. I don’t think people want to feel that they can only go into a place with a rainbow flag in front.” – Ayanna Pressley
106. “In a perfect world, human beings would co-exist harmoniously, like a rainbow. A multitude of colors, each layer vibrant and clear by itself, but in unison, boundless, breathtaking, celestial.” – Mariah Carey
107. “What a privilege to be here on the planet to contribute your unique donation to humankind. Each face in the rainbow of colors that populate our world is precious and special.” – Morris Dees
108. “The thing to do, it seems to me, is to prepare yourself so you can be a rainbow in somebody else’s cloud. Somebody who may not look like you. May not call God the same name you call God – if they call God at all. I may not dance your dances or speak your language. But be a blessing to somebody. That’s what I think.” – Maya Angelou (aka Maya Angelou rainbow quote)
109. “Magic exists. Who can doubt it, when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars? Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic. It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of the lives we live.” – Nora Roberts
110. “We actually say in ‘Nightbreed,’ ‘God is an astronaut, Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters go.’ There’s a lovely sense in which there’s a simple thesis being played out here. These are things you understand as a child out on the play yard.” – Clive Barker
111. “The rainbow is a part of nature, and you have to be in the right place to see it. It’s beautiful, all of the colors, even the colors you can’t see. That really fit us as a people because we are all of the colors. Our sexuality is all of the colors. We are all the genders, races, and ages.” – Gilbert Baker
112. “Walk on a rainbow trail; walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail.” – Robert Motherwell
113. “Growing up as a young black girl in Potomac, Maryland was easy. I had a Rainbow Coalition of friends of all ethnicities, and we would carelessly skip around our elementary school like the powerless version of Captain Planet’s Planeteers.” – Issa Rae
114. “I’ve always believed in a rainbow diet. As many colors and foods as you can eat, the better, because if you focus on one food, there’s bound to be a report that comes out that says, ‘Broccoli actually… ‘ So I mix it up a lot. And I take vitamins, like Biosil, which I take for my hair, skin, and nails.” – Christie Brinkley
115. “My mom and grandmother were actresses, and I knew I was going to do this since I was super young. I would put on shows at my grandparents’ house and sing ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow’ in the living room. I was in drama club and chorus, and I knew every word to ‘Grease.’ – Zoe Kravitz
116. “I’m continually inspired by nature, and the rainbow is one of nature’s greatest optical phenomenons. The sighting of a rainbow never fails to bring a smile to people’s faces. They signify optimism and positivity: with them comes the sunshine after the rain.” – Mathew Williamson
117. “Because of its gradient, it is the site of many spectacular waterfalls, like the Unchalli Falls, near which, on a full moon night in winter, you might even glimpse a moonbow – a rainbow generated from the moonlight. This is the river Aghanashini – ‘the cleanser of sins.’ – Rohini Nilekani
118. “And I asked my mother about it; I said, ‘Is there something wrong?’ She said, ‘God… God makes people. You understand that, don’t you?’ And I said, ‘Yeah!’ She said, ‘Who makes a rainbow?” I said, ‘God.’ She said, ‘I never presumed to tell anyone who could make a rainbow what color to make children.’ – Richard Dawson
119. “I still sing, but completely for my own pleasure. I play a nightclub singer in ‘Sparkle,’ but I’d like to pursue it a bit more. I sang at a friend’s 60th at Claridge’s the other month; I did ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ with the actor Hilton McRae, and ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow.’ – Lesley Manville
120. “Yesterday morning, I awoke to a brilliant rainbow. At first, I marveled at the sky’s pink hues, and I thought how soothing it was. I haven’t had that feeling in a long time, that feeling of being at peace with myself or my life.
I got out of bed to stand to pull the obligatory curtain further, the color peeking through the leaves of the oaks outside my window. Where I had been seeing grey for quite some time shone now pink. The color is hard to describe accurately. It was pink; but it bordered on a light red. It told me to come look at it.” – R.B. O’Brien
121. “One can make no better investment than the cultivation of a taste for the beautiful, for it will bring rainbow hues and enduring joys to the whole life. It will not only greatly increase one’s capacity for happiness, but also one’s efficiency.” – Orison Swett Marden
122. “One of the primary ways that astronomers study stars is to spread their light out into a rainbow, which we call a spectrum, and from that rainbow, we can learn something about what the stars are composed of and how hot they are, how bright they are, and how they’re moving, at least how they’re moving toward or away from us.” – Nancy Roman
123. “If you take myth and folklore, and these things that speak in symbols, they can be interpreted in so many ways that although the actual image is clear enough, the interpretation is infinitely blurred, a sort of enormous rainbow of every possible colour you could imagine.” – Diana Wynne Jones
124. “A true flag is not something you can really design. A true flag is torn from the soul of the people. A flag is something that everyone owns, and that’s why they work. The Rainbow Flag is like other flags in that sense: it belongs to the people.” – Gilbert Baker
125. “Children don’t mind when something was made – they don’t discriminate in that way. I tape very early episodes of ‘Rainbow’ and ‘Trumpton’ for my son and watch them with him. He loves them. ‘Trumpton’ was made in 1967, but he still watches it like it’s brand new.” – Peter Kay
126. “One day, I’ll be a crazy old lady with long rainbow hair living in the woods. I will have a rad treehouse with tons of rooms for people to come over, recharge, and make art.” – Kerli
127. “We are a part of this unique, complex, and complicated fabric of what it means to be an American. Americans come in all colors, creeds, and colors of the rainbow, and we can celebrate this together.” – Tamlyn Tomita
128. “Shaking my head, I grinned in my defiance, and the room and the whole world became soft and buzzing, lights dangerously unfocused. Our shadows intermingled, a Chagall on the pale wood floor. My thoughts sudden and intriguing, like a rainbow you see for only a second.” – Aspen Matis
129. “Every time you see a rainbow, every time you watch the sunset, and every time you remember a dream – they’re all little glimpses into what’s beyond our world.” – Kevin A. Kuhn
130. “Because I was suspicious of the traditional Christian church, I tended to tar them all with the same brush. That was a mistake because there are righteous people working in a whole rainbow of belief systems – from Hasidic Jews to right-wing Bible Belters to charismatic Catholics.” – Bono
131. “Albeit, the light explodes at the end of tunnel / and, an end of a sojourn from darkness eternal / Or, resembling calmness at the end of a storm / A rainbow concludes the rain and promises a new norm.” – Priyavrat Thareja
132. “Ironically, when I’ve asked my straight friends to join me in hanging a rainbow flag, they answer, ‘But someone might think we’re gay,’ not realizing that is exactly the point. To be mistaken for the oppressed is to momentarily become the oppressed.” – Alice Dreger
133. “I just think white light generation is just one of these remarkable things to see, and actually, you know, one colour of light goes in to just water or any clear anything and out comes all the colours of the rainbow when the pulses are short and intense enough.” – Donna Strickland
134. “Anytime I see a rainbow, what comes into my mind is how skillful and talented someone was to create an ark that didn’t leak through a prolong period of a flood. We must work our talents out and work them out skillfully and then our rainbow of excellence will show.” – Israelmore Ayivor
135. “If your true colors are the colors of the rainbow, what are your false colors? They are the colors of the anti-rainbow. People are broken. Who will fix them? Where is the Cosmic Repair Shop? Don’t worry, mathematics is designed to cure every single problem you have.” – Thomas Stark
136. “I like light green, sometimes red is fun to look at, not a fan of yellow, unless it’s in a rainbow or on a coffee mug or on a happy face.” – Chris Kattan
137. “We are all part of the same rainbow. We are all reflections of each other. As unique and diverse as we are in character and skills, the source of all creation is as multidimensional as we are.” – Suzy Kassem
138. “This is God’s universe and he is the master gardener of all. If we were to eliminate all colors in his garden, then what would be a rainbow with only one color? Or a garden with only one kind of flower? Why would the Creator create a vast assortment of plants, ethnicities, and animals, if only one beast or seed is to dominate all of existence?” – Suzy Kassem
139. “I never realized before how much of a jurist I am. I try to bring everything back to the basics, to black-and-white situations. The world is not a rainbow.” – Danny Mekić
140. “When I set a glass prism on a windowsill and allow the sun to flood through it, a spectrum of colors dances on the floor. What we call “white” is a rainbow of colored rays packed into a small space. The prism sets them free. Love is the white light of emotion.” – Diane Ackerman
141. “Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
142. “Shine your soul with the same egoless humility as the rainbow and no matter where you go in this world or the next, love will find you, attend you, and bless you.” – Aberjhani
143. “Life experience is like a rainbow / It has all the colors -some we love, some we don’t love as much / But seen altogether it’s beautiful / Just as some experiences we love and some we don’t love so much / But, seen all together, life is beautiful.” – Gillian Duce
144. “A minute with her messed up my mind and heart in a way that all the theories of right and wrong didn’t matter anymore. All of a sudden opening my arms to the storm seemed a better choice than dancing under the rainbows.” – Akshay Vasu
145. “The image of those midwestern storms that rip up the world as you know it, and leave, like a sacrifice, a rainbow to make you forget what has come before.” – Jodi Picoult
146. “Sometimes it’s important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it’s essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow.” – Douglas Pagels
147. “I believe I have already suggested that color is the most obvious bridge between emotion and perception, that is, between the subjective experience of the psyche and quality objective in nature. Both light up only between the extremes of light and darkness, and in their reciprocal interplay.
Thus, outward the rainbow—or, if you prefer it, the spectrum—is the bridge between dark and light, but inwardly the rainbow is, what the soul itself is, the bridge between body and spirit, between earth and heaven.” – Owen Barfield
148. “I’m continually inspired by nature, and the rainbow is one of nature’s greatest optical phenomenon. The sighting of a rainbow never fails to bring a smile to people’s faces. They signify optimism and positivity: with them comes the sunshine after the rain.” – Matthew Williamson
149. “Let’s start a new slate, let’s look for the rainbow in every cloud and let’s be more humane and selfless, let us become more philanthropic.” – Charmaine J. Forde
150. “They sang the words in unison, yet somehow created a web of sounds with their voices. It was like hearing a piece of fabric woven with all the colors of a rainbow. I did not know that such beauty could be formed by the human mouth. I had never heard harmony before.” – Anita Diamant
151. “To me, the rainbow was a profoundly hopeful symbol, separating the white light of appearances into its multiple spectum and revealing a hidden dimension.” – Candace B. Pert
152. “You will hold me with your wondering eyes in the serenity of a purest mind at the dream’s edge of my quiet golden shores accompanied by the melodies of emerald blue rippling waves where I will always remain voicing harmony in the over the rainbow soothing memories of your heart.” – Oksana Rus
Best Motivational Rainbow Quotes and Quotes about Rainbows
When you’re going through a particularly tough time – or when things in life just seem REALLY hard (thanks pandemic) – sometimes you just need inspirational quotes to give you the strength you need to keep going.
So, use this assortment of motivational rainbow quotes to put a little extra spring in your step as you sometimes begrudgingly trudge through the day.
153..”I’ve always said, ‘Before you see the rainbow, it has to storm.’ – Marcus Smart
154. “Be everything that you are unapologetic, most of you will find out that you are not just one color, you are a rainbow.” – Mridula Singh
155. “Look at the rainbow, it is made up of different colors, yet they do not split, because they know how beautiful they are when they stick together.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
156. “And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
157. “You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.” – Charlie Chaplin
158. “Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.” – Aberjhani
159. “It’s when you follow the rain clouds that you find out where the rainbows are hiding.” – Anthony T. Hincks
160. “You can be the most beautiful person in the world and everybody sees light and rainbows when they look at you, but if you yourself don’t know it, all of that doesn’t even matter.” – C. Joybell C.
161. “Hope is a rainbow of thought.” – Harley King
162. “Like the rainbow after the rain, joy will reveal itself after sorrow.” – Rupi Kaur
163. “Don’t seek to be happy; let everyone else chase after that rainbow. Seek to be kind, and you’ll find the rainbow follows you.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
Best Rainbow Captions for Instagram, Rainbow Instagram Captions, and Rainbow Sayings
Just in case you STILL don’t have enough Insta inspo, here are even more rainbow captions for Instagram and rainbow Instagram captions that you can use to quickly and easily caption your next photo on Instagram.
But, just to keep things more-than-a-little-interesting, I also threw in some super snazzy rainbow sayings and “rainbow after the rain” quotes to keep you on your toes.
164. “The greater the storm, the brighter the rainbow.”
165. “When it rains look for rainbows, when it’s dark look for stars.” – Oscar Wilde
166. “You are a rainbow of possibilities.”
167. “It takes both rain and sunshine to make a rainbow.”
168. “Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.”
169. “A rainbow is a promise of sunshine after rain. Of calm after storms. Of joy after sadness. Of peace after pain. Of love after loss.”
170. “Oftentimes, the brightest rainbows follow the darkest rainstorms.”
171. “Create your own rainbows every day.”
172. “Don’t miss all the beautiful colors of the rainbow looking for that pot of gold.”
173. “After every storm, there is a rainbow.”
174. “After every storm comes a rainbow.”
175. “Taste the rainbow.”
176. “Be your own rainbow after the storm of life.”
177. “There’s always a rainbow after the rain.” or “There is always a rainbow after the rain.”
178. “After the rain comes the rainbow.”
179. “After the storm comes the rainbow.”
Best Dolly Parton Rainbow Quote(s)
Love my girl Dolly Parton like WHOA. That’s why I just had to create this section that features some of the best Dolly Parton Rainbow quotes ever.
Okay, in truth there are only like two of them, but whatever. Both Dolly Parton and these quotes about rainbows are just pure awesomeness.
180. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” -Dolly Parton
181. “I wanted to write a book that talked about the emotions of children, which is the rainbow. We all have moods. We talk about being blue when we’re sad, and being yellow when we’re cowards, and when we’re mad, we’re red.” – Dolly Parton
Best Rainbow Love Quotes and Rainbow Phrases about Love
Look, sometimes you just gotta combine two of the best things in the world – love, and rainbows. And these epic rainbow love quotes and Rainbow phrases do just that.
So, if you feel like you need a smidge more love in your life then this, my friend, is the section for you since it’s filled with some of my fave quotes about rainbows of all time.
182. “Love from novels isn’t true love: it ends where it should begin. True love, deep love, grows up with time, throughout days of dullness and days of storms. It leaves in one’s heart a rainbow of tenderness and forgiveness which illuminates forever the beloved one.” – Gabrielle DuBois
183. “Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow.” – James M. Barrie
184. “Love can form a double rainbow, connecting two hearts.”
185. “Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows / Everything that’s wonderful is what I feel when we’re together.” – Lesley Gore
186. “In their love, the rainbow curved in delight.” – Jyoti Patel
187. “When I see a rainbow, I know that someone somewhere loves me.” – Anthony T. Hincks
188. “Love was a feeling completely bound up with color, like thousands of rainbows superimposed one on top of the other.” – Paulo Coelho
Best Somewhere Over the Rainbow Quotes
If you’re familiar with a little movie The Wizard of Oz, then you might know the immortal classic, “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”.Yeah, it’s basically the stuff that cinematic legend is made of.
And, as you probably already surmised, all of these rainbow quotes have something to do with that immortal phrase. So, if you’re looking for “Somewhere Over the rainbow” quotes then this section of quotes about rainbows is for you!
189. “I’ve always taken ‘The Wizard of Oz’ very seriously, you know. I believe in the idea of the rainbow. And I’ve spent my entire life trying to get over it.” – Judy Garland
190. “Before we had airplanes and astronauts, we really thought that there was an actual place beyond the clouds, somewhere over the rainbow. There was an actual place, and we could go above the clouds and find it there.” – Barbara Walters
191. “I don’t always have to sing a song. There is something besides ‘The Man That Got Away’ or ‘Over the Rainbow’ or ‘The Trolley Song.’ There’s a woman. There are three children. There’s me! There’s a lot of life going here.” – Judy Garland
192. “Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.” – E.Y. Young
Rainbow Puns, Rainbow Jokes, and Rainbow Funny Quotes
And last, but certainly not least, is my favorite section of all, a selection of funny quotes about rainbows that also include some lame AF rainbow puns.
Because if you read my blog even a little bit, then you know how much I love a ridiculous pun.
However, just in case you’re not quite as enamored with puns as I am, I’ve also included some rainbow funny quotes and rainbow jokes too. You know, just in case you need a laugh or ten.
193. “Somewhere, over the rainbow, Way up tall, There’s a land where they’ve never heard of cholesterol.” – Allan Sherman
194. “It’s a good thing that when God created the rainbow he didn’t consult a decorator or he would still be picking colors.” – Sam Levenson
195. “Rainbows would never spring from a crock full of credit cards or computer printouts.” – Carrie Ann Noble
196. “Rainbows that break the law end up going to prism.”
197. “A magician wearing a rainbow colored coat is called Hue-dini.”
198. “A pilot flew through a rainbow while completing her aviation test. No wonder she passed with flying colors!”
199. ?How much do you love rainbows? Just a skittle bit.”
200. “What does rain wear to a fancy dinner party? A rainbow-tie.”
201. “Look hue’s talking now!”
202. “I am over the rainbow to have you as a friend.”
Even More Quotes Posts You’ll Love
- 190 Best Quotes about Mountains
- 120+ Best Alaska Quotes
- 100+ Amazing Quotes about Amsterdam
- 150+ Best Sea Quotes
- 100+ Epic Rome Quotes
- 140 Amazing Sunrise Quotes
- 120 Best Lake Quotes Ever!
- Best quotes about Waterfalls
- Best Quotes about Exploration
Well, that just about wraps up this comprehensive to 200 of the most amazing rainbow quotes of all time!
Tell me, did all your picks for the best quotes about rainbows make the list? If not then let me know in the comments below!
And if you found this post useful, don’t forget to join our email list before pinning this now so that you can read it again later!