Truth be told, I’m not much of a morning person. In fact, referring to me as an anti-morning person would probably be infinitely more accurate. Therefore, I rarely get up in time to catch an awe-inspiring sunrise – which is why, gosh darn it, I need these epic sunrise quotes and awesome quotes about sunrise in my life!
Yup, I need this list of 140+ epic sunrise quotes to help get my butt out of bed so that I can make the most of my day and take uber-fab sunrise pics.
However, if you’re an infinitely more awake person than me, then you could always use this selection of quotes about sunrise to perfectly caption your Instagram photos or to elevate an already awesome blog post to the next level.
Either way, these sunrise captions are sure to intrigue you and leave you with a better understanding of why we all love sunrises so much.
Dear wonderful, beautiful, and oh-so-amazing reader (Yup, I lay it on thick for my dozens of fans). Since I am incapable of making it rain money, there’s a high probability (like 99.999%) that this post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more information. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Beautiful Sunrise Quotes for Instagram
Not gonna lie, I LOVE these beautiful sunrise quotes for Instagram. Yes, they’re concise but they also perfectly describe why we love sunrise and why it’s so important to us.
Therefore, I think all of your Instagram followers will absolutely adore these quotes about sunrise and will be truly inspired by them.
1. “How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!” – John Muir
2. “There’s always a sunrise and always a sunset and it’s up to you to choose to be there for it.” – Cheryl Strayed
3. “Wake late, win late.” – Amit Kalantri
4. “Time is marked by each sunrise and sunset whether or not you actually see it.” – Catherine Opie
5. “May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace.” – Umair Siddiqui
6. “Every sunset is also a sunrise; it all depends on where you stand.” – Karl Schmidt
7. “Listen to the wind blow, watch the sunrise.” – Fleetwood Mac
8. “Just like the days, no two sunrises are ever the same.” – Jonathan P Lamas
9. “Write before the sun comes up.” – A.D. Posey
10. “Nature unfolds her treasure at the first ray of sunrise.” – Kishore Bansal
11. “Dance when the sun comes up.” – A.D. Posey
12. “I live in the shade created by the sunrise I am waiting for” – Isabelle Razors
13. “Today, the sun will rise on all your doubts.” – Marty Rubin
14. “At sunrise, everything is luminous but not clear.” – Norman Maclean
15. “Every sunrise is a poem written on the earth with words of light, warmth, and love.” – Debasish Mridha
16. “Let the beauty of sunrise keep your heart warm.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
17. “Your choice between sunrise or sunset depends on your attitude.”- Ibn Jeem
18. “It’s a new day. Yesterday’s failure is redeemed at the sunrise.”- Todd Stocker
19. “I love sunrises. They always signify something new and something beautiful. The darkness fading away.”- Michelle N. Onuorah
Best Watching the Sunrise Quotes
If you’re feeling a little tired and don’t think you have quite enough energy to get up in time for sunrise then you may want to read some of these best watching the sunrise quotes.
Because these beautiful sunrise quotes will quickly remind you why getting up and watching the sunrise is always a good idea.
20. “I love the sunrise, as I am definitely a morning person! It’s a great time to get up and have a coffee in the garden by myself before everybody wakes up.” – Bianca Balti
21. “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” – Jo Walton
22. “Every now and then I sit and watch the sunrise to remind myself how it’s done—peacefully, steadily, warmly, and in beautiful color.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
23. “If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord.” – Nathan Phillips
24. “When tomorrow broke, our hillside home filled up with honeyed light, a fish tank.” – Aspen Matis
25. “With a bound, the sun of a molten fiery red came above the horizon, and immediately thousands of little birds sang out for joy, and a soft chorus of mysterious, glad murmurs came forth from the earth.” – Elizabeth Gaskell
26. “The block of sky in our twin high windows became a nectarine, amber and rose pink, and we lay in silence as white sunlight broke.” – Aspen Matis
27. “Oh, sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth.” – Roman Payne
28. “At sunrise, the blue sky paints herself with gold colors and joyfully dances to the music of a morning breeze.” – Debasish Mridha
29. “There is a moment in ever dawn when light floats, there is the possibility of magic. Creation holds its breath.”- Douglas Adams
30. “The sunrise, of course, doesn’t care if we watch it or not. It will keep on being beautiful, even if no one bothers to look at it.”- Gena Amole
31.“Thank you is what each and every one of us should say when we see either a sunrise or sunset. And when we do that, maybe, just maybe the world will start to become a better place.”- Anthony T. Hincks
Sunrise Inspirational Quotes and Sunrise Motivational Quotes
Become even more inspired by the stunning beauty of a vibrant sunrise with this wonderful selection of sunrise inspirational quotes and sunrise motivational quotes.
Trust me, these hella epic sunrise quotes and quotes about sunrise are ideal if you’re feeling a little down and need a quick pick-me-up to help you get your day started.
32. “I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written.” – Juansen Dixon
33. “The charm of golden sunrise and sunset does not depend on you, it reflects on you…only if you allow it. So does fleeting moments of joy.”- Val Uchendu
34. “The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the colour that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.”- Ram Charan
35. “Every day, a million miracles begin at sunrise.”- Eric Jerome Dickey
36. “A night can never defeat the sunrise.” – Sumit Sharma
37. “There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope.” – Bernard Williams
38. “There’s always a story. It’s all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything’s got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.”- Terry Pratchett
39. “Every sunrise is an invitation for us to arise and brighten someone’s day.” – Jhiess Krieg
41. “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.”- William Arthur Ward
42. “The darkness that follows a sunset is never so dark that it can change the inevitability of a sunrise.”- Craig D. Lounsbrough
43. “We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness.”- Sapna Reddy
44. “In the twilight of the morning, all life silently waits for the sunrise. Sun must rise for the darkness to sink!”- Mehmet Murat Ildan
45. “Even the darkest night ends with the sun rising again.” – unknown
46. “Endure the pain in the sunrise, so when it’s sunset, there’s lot of profit to be gained.”- Seyi Ayoola
47. “There is always a way and always hope in the next sunrise, and in the next second, and in the next minute.”- Ziggy Marley
48. “The sun will rise and set regardless. What we choose to do with the light while it’s here is up to us. Journey wisely.”- Alexandra Elle
49. “You fool, what better motivation are you looking for in the morning than the incredible motivation of the morning sunrise?”- Mehmet Murat Ildan
50. “Not everyone was privileged to see another sunrise like you did, so before you start complaining; remember that the breath of life, is not for sale.”- Gift Gugu Mona
51. “The sunrise is always a source of morale for human beings; In the days when the world experiences global disasters, sunrise becomes almost an angel!”- Mehmet Murat ildan
52. “Indeed, the sun rises each morning with a ray of new sunshine after the darkness of each night, such circled-journey of it will stay continue; however, not ours.”- Ehsan Sehgal
53. “Another sunrise, another new beginning.”- Jonathan Lockwood Huie
54. “Sunrise is the reminder that we can start new beginning from anywhere.”- Rupal Asodaria
55. “What I know for sure is that every sunrise is like a new page, a chance to right ourselves and receive each day in all its glory. Each day is a wonder.”- Oprah Winfrey
Best Sunrise Captions for Instagram
Looking for the best sunrise captions for Instagram? If so then you’re in the right place. Because this section is perfect if you want to step up your Instagram game.
After all, these short quotes about sunrises are not only insightful but will help inspire engagement with your Instagram posts and expand your reach to a wider audience.
56. “I got a pocket full of sunshine.”
57. “Watching sunrises around the world is boring” – Said no one ever.”
58. “I want to soak up the sun.”
59. “Sunrise: proof the best things in life are free.”
60. “Rise and shine!”
61. “Sunrise is a girl’s best friend.”
62. “Like snowflakes, no two sunrises are alike.”
63. “Rising to the occasion.”
64. “Rise before the sun does.”
65. “Here comes the sun.”
66. “Rise and shine: it’s sunrise time.”
67. “It’s a beautiful morning.”
68. “I’m walking on sunshine.”
69. “Look at me, I’m soaking up the sun!”
70. “The sun will rise and so will I.”
71. “Even the darkest night ends and the sun rises again.”
72. “Heaven is a place on earth.”
73. “Slow down and watch the sunset.”
74. “Let the sun rise in front of you and in you.”
75. “I love the peace of morning light.”
76. “Skip the snooze button. Catch the surnise.”
77. “Sunrise, coffee, adventure.”
78. “Dance when the sun comes up.”
79. “Watch sunrises, not Netflix.”
80. “Let there be sunrise.”
Best Short Sunrise Quotes and Best Quotes about Sunrise
Short, sweet, and to the point, these epic short sunrise quotes will perfectly capture your love of sunsets in as few words as possible.
So, if you have a limited amount of space and want to pack a lot of meaning into your sunrise captions for Instagram, then give this section a look.
81. “It was harder to drown at sunrise than in darkness.” – Edith Wharton
82. “Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk undisturbed.” – Walt Whitman
83. “Don’t you feel you get value for your day if you’ve actually watched the sun rise?” – A.J. Vosse
84. “For a girl with such a dark mind, you’re a little too in love with the sunrise.” – Sherry Namdeo
85. “What breaks in daybreak? Is it the night? Is it the sun, cracked in two by the horizon like an egg, spilling out light?” – Margaret Atwood
86. “It’s the hour when night breaks away from the day, my dove, let me go.” – Jean Genet, The Balcony
87. “The secret to a good morning is to watch the sunrise with an open heart.”- Anthony T. Hincks
88. “Each day is born with a sunrise and ends in a sunset, the same way we open our eyes to see the light and close them to hear the dark.” – Suzy Kassem
89. “Wake! For the Sun, who scatter’d into flight, The Stars before him from the Field of Night, drives Night along with them from Heav’n and strikes the Sultan’s Turret with a Shaft of Light.” – Omar Khayyám,
90. “If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy the sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord.” – Nathan Phillips
91. “Sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches. Cool to warm. So is the progression from childhood to old age.” – Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration
92. “The sunrise was the colour of bad blood. It leaked out of the east and stained the dark sky red, marked the scraps of the cloud with stolen gold.” – Joe Abercrombie, Best Served Cold
93. “If I should capture the most beautiful sunrise, only then, will I stop capturing them.” – Danikelii
94. “Get outside. Watch the sunrise. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel big or tiny? Because there’s something good about feeling both.”- Amy Grant
Long Sunrise Quotes and Quotes about Sunrise
Okay, if I’m being brutally honest here, these long sunrise quotes may not be perfect for Instagram.
After all, most people on social media today have the attention span of a very small and very tiny insect.
However, if you’re in search of long quotes about sunrise that you may want to add to an upcoming blog post, then give this section a peak since it has some of the best quotes about sunrise in it.
95. “Sunrise looks spectacular in the nature; sunrise looks spectacular in the photos; sunrise looks spectacular in our dreams; sunrise looks spectacular in the paintings, because it really is spectacular!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
96. “Always there was a moment—a quick slip of time—when the sun broke free of the trees and bled from its yolk, spilling in red-orange rivers over the silk.” – Terry Kay
97. “And yet day and night meet fleetingly at twilight and dawn,” he said, lowering his voice again and narrowing his eyes and moving his head a quarter of an inch closer to hers. “And their merging sometimes affords the beholder the most enchanted moments of all the twenty four hours.
A sunrise or sunset can be ablaze with brilliance and arouse all the passion, all the yearning, in the soul of the beholder.” – Mary Balogh, A Summer to Remember
98. “She leaned back in her chair, watching the sunrise as if it were a private performance intended just for her. And for a moment it felt that way: as if the sun was showing off for her benefit, reminding her how wonderful it was to be young and alive.” ― Katharine McGee
99. “This morning I woke up before the alarm clock went off and the sky outside was a big red ocean… The window was open and the air was so crisp and I couldn’t imagine how to ever ask for more than this.” – Charlotte Eriksson
100. “There’s always a story. It’s all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything’s got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.”
– Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky
101. “How sweet the morning air is! See how that one little cloud floats like a pink feather from some gigantic flamingo. Now the red rim of the sun pushes itself over the London cloud-bank. It shines on a good many folk, but on none, I dare bet, who are on a stranger errand than you and I.
How small we feel with our petty ambitions and strivings in the presence of the great elemental forces of Nature!” – Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
102. “We’re not moments, Megan, you and me. We’re events. You say you might not be the same person you were a year ago? Well, who is? I’m sure not. We change, like swirling clouds around a rising sun.” – Brandon Sanderson, Calamity
103. “Life. This morning the sun made me adore it. It had, behind the dripping pine trees, the oriental brightness, orange and crimson, of a living being, a rose and an apple, in the physical and ideal fusion of a true and daily paradise.” – Juan Ramón Jiménez, Time and Space
104. “Every sunrise gives you a new beginning and a new ending. Let this morning be a new beginning to a better relationship and a new ending to the bad memories. It’s an opportunity to enjoy life, breathe freely, think and love. Be grateful for this beautiful day.” – Norton Juster
105. “Sunrises and sunsets were breathtaking moments in his life. Moments of exhilaration and ecstasy. Deeply moving moments when he would dream. Dreams that splashed myriad colors on his mind’s gray canvas!”- Avijeet Das
Morning Sunrise Quotes and Morning Quotes about Sunrise
I sometimes wish I was a morning person so that I could better appreciate the awe-inspiring beauty of a sunrise.
Thankfully though, I have this exquisitely curated selection of morning sunrise quotes and morning quotes about sunrise to help me sound insightful first thing in the morning when my brain is still more than a little foggy from mild sleep deprivation.
106. “At sunrise, the blue sky paints herself with gold colors and joyfully dances to the music of a morning breeze.” – Debasish Mridha
107. “With a bound, the sun of a molten fiery red cam above the horizon, and immediately thousands of little birds sang out for joy, and a soft chorus of mysterious, glad murmurs came forth from the earth; the low whispering wind left its hiding-place among the clefts and hollows of the hills, and wandered among the rustling herbs and trees, waking the flower-buds to the life of another day.” – Elizabeth Gaskell, Ruth
108. “Over the plains of Ethiopia the sun rose as I had not seen it in seven years. A big, cool, empty sky flushed a little above a rim of dark mountains.” – Doris Lessing, Going Home
109. “Another world, another day, another dawn. The early morning;s thinnest sliver of light appeared silently. Several billion trillion tons of super hot exploding hydrogen nuclei rose slowly above the horizon and managed to look small, cold, and slightly damp.” – Douglas Adams, The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
110. “Empty bottles and cigarettes while watching the sunrise, why do I complain? I have it all, everything I ever asked for.” – Charlotte Eriksson, Empty Roads & Broken Bottles: in search for The Great Perhaps
111. “There is a reason why morning follows night, hjälte. After times of great darkness, we must take time to mourn all we have lost and all who were lost, even as hope rises with the sun.” – Emory R. Frie, Realm of the Snow Queen
112. “As I woke up this morning, and I opened my eyes, I am very grateful to see another sunrise” – Charmaine J Forde
113. “I lost my circadian rhythm during extreme night shift work and I restored it by using continuous light therapy. I was waking up at sunrise with the birds, no alarm clock needed.” – Steven Magee
114. “To stand by the beds at sunrise and see the flowers awake is a heavenly delight.” – Celia Thaxter
Best Sunrise Love Quotes
Love + Sunrise = Sunrise quotes perfection. So, if you’re not quite sure how to perfectly combine your undying love for sunrises, quotes, and general feelings of love, then give this section a look.
Because inside you’ll find some of my all time fave quotes about sunrise that also deal with the overwhelming beauty of love.
115. “Surprises are one of the secrets of a good relationship. Find someone who, out of the blue, will grab you, and a blanket, take you to a secluded spot and canoodle as the sun rises…” – Virginia Alison
116. “The most beautiful sunset is when you have it with your beloved one and the most beautiful sunrise is quite the same.”- Galina Nelson
117. “I thought I wanted caprice and fire, but it turns out that what I really want is someone who will wake me up early so I don’t miss a sunrise.” – Jenna Evans Welch
118. “Watching them was like watching the sunset and the sunrise, equally beautiful in different ways.” – Shannon A. Thompson
119. “A sunrise or sunset can be ablaze with brilliance and arouse all the passion, all the yearning, in the soul of the beholder.” – Mary Balogh
120. “Seduce me at sunrise, dance with me barefoot in the dew on the grass.” – Bodhi Smith
121, “My love, we can close our eyes but we cannot stop the sunrise.” – Kamand Kojouri
122. “True love is the tide that pulls out to sea, but always returns to kiss the shore at sunrise.” – Shannon L. Alder
123. “Wrapped within another’s arms further intensifies the divine beauty of a sunrise…” – Virginia Alison
124. “A girl in love with sunsets. A man hell-bent on being her sunrise.” – Nitya Prakash
125. “Let the beauty of sunrise keep your heart warm.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
126. “If you want to be reminded of the love of the Lord, just watch the sunrise.” – Jeannette Walls, Half Broke Horses
127. “Your light is more magnificent than sunrise or sunset.”- Rumi
128. “There is no one I would rather see the sunrise with than you.”- Renée Ahdieh
129. “Someday, you will find the one who will watch every sunrise with you until the sunset of your life.”- Unknown
130. “Love has no culture, boundaries, race and religion. It is pure and beautiful like early morning sunrise falling in lake.”- Santosh Kalwar
Best Sunrise Quotes Funny and Funny Quotes about Sunrise
I love funny sunrise quotes since they combine two of my favorite things – laughing and sunrises. So, if you feel like I do then this selection of quotes about sunrise is totally for you.
After all, who doesn’t love some good funny sunrise quotes? No one, that’s who!
131. “Not all the creatures will be excited by the sunrise.”- Kamaran Ihsan Salih
132. “I hadn’t been paying attention to things like the sunrise, but that old sun had been coming up anyway. It didn’t really care how I felt, it was going to rise and set regardless of whether I noticed it, and if I was going to enjoy it, that was up to me.”- Jeanette Walls
133. “Dawn and its excesses always reminded me of heaven, a place where I have always known I would not be comfortable.”- Marilynne Robinson
134. “There is, I have heard, a little thing called sunrise, in which the sun reverses the process we all viewed the night before. You might assume such a thing as mythical as those beasts that guard the corners of the earth, but I have it on the finest authority, and have, indeed, from time to time, regarded it with my own eyes.” – Lauren Willig, The Garden Intrigue
135. “Observation: It would be awesome to fly in a superfast airplane that could chase the sunrise around the world for a while.”- John Green
136. “Sunrise is starting to feel like a guilt trip.”- Kris Kidd
Best Sunrise Puns
Looking for funny sunrise puns that will make you smile? If so then look no further! Because these awesome sunrise puns provide the perfect play on words to help brighten the dreariest of days while still capturing your love of sunrises.
137. “Rise then shine.”
138. “I stayed up all night to watch the sunrise. Then it dawned on me.”
139. “Silence is golden.”
140. “From sunrise to sunset, I couldn’t remember the name for a 24 hour time period. I finally did. Then I called it a day.”
141. “Rising to the occasion.”
142. “I was thinking about the sunrise, then it dawned.”
143. “What happens when the sunrise bends over? You see the crack of dawn.”
144. “I always mean to watch the sunrise, but then I realize I’m just not up for it.”
145. “My son asked if we could wake up and watch the sunrise. I told him no, but he can watch the “dad sleep” instead.”
146. “What do you call two sunbathing birds? Baskin Robins. ”
147. “What do you call a group of deer watching the sunrise? A fawn dew party.”
Even More Quotes Resources!
- 200+ Amazing Rainbow Quotes to Brighten Your Day!
- 190 Inspiring Mountain Quotes
- 150 Amazing Quotes about the Sea
- 120+ Amazing Quotes about Alaska
- 100+ Amazing Quotes about Amsterdam
- 120 Best Lake Quotes for Instagram
- Best Quotes about Waterfalls
There you have! That concludes this list of the best sunrise quotes and the best quotes about sunrise of all time!
And if you found this post on the best quotes about sunrise helpful, then be sure to pin this now so that you can read it again later!