Waterfall quotes and quotes about waterfalls arel like kittens…you can never have too many! Am I right or am I just a semi-deluded cat lady in training?
On second thought, don’t answer that. I don’t want to know. But what I do know is that this supremely stellar post is postively brimming over with some of the best quotes about waterfalls that you ever did read.
So, if you want to snazz up a new post or make the waterfall captions on your Instagram photos pop, then check out this expert’s guide right here.
It features 200 of the best waterfall quotes ever that help capture the awe-inspiring beauty of waterfalls – one of the most stunning things in the world. Period.
So whether you’re in Thailand, Cambodia, Croatia, or Iceland, you’ll quickly and easily be able to find a quote that captures the beautiful magic of this natural phenomenon.
You’ll also find a ton of waterfalls sayings, waterfall puns, and waterfall captions too. You know, just to keep things a little extra exciting. Enjoy!
Dear wonderful, beautiful, and oh-so-amazing reader (Yup, I lay it on thick for my dozens of fans). Since I am incapable of making it rain money, there’s a high probability (like 99.999%) that this post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more information. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Best Waterfall Captions for Instagram
Want to impress your Instagram audience and increase engagement? If so then try to use some of these waterfall captions for Instagram with your newest photos!
After all, these epic quotes about waterfalls are short and designed to get people to interact with your photos. So, try some of these amazing waterfall quotes today.
They are short, range from inspiring to straight-up funny, and are sure to get Instagram users to stop scrolling, at least for a hot minute.
1. “Live in the water, love by the moon.”
2. “Life is better with waterfalls.”
3. “Not every paradise is tropical.”
4. “Be like a waterfall and go with the flow.”
5. “Sorry, TLC. I chased the waterfall.”
6. “When it rains, it pours.”
7. “I’m off chasing waterfalls.”
8. “Hike more, worry less.”
9. “Dreams are made of trails and waterfalls.”
10. “OK Mother Nature, I see you flexing.”
11. “Good to the last drop.”
12. “I’ve got nature vibes.”
13. “Wild, beautiful, and free.”
14. “Nature never goes out of style.”
15. “Now this is what I call live streaming…literally.”
16. “When all else fails, take the scenic route.”
17. “Worry less, chase waterfalls more.”
18. “Home is where the water is.”
19. “Digging those waterfall vibes.”
20. “The water is calling, so I must go.”
21. “We start in different places, but we all meet in the ocean.”
22. “Just gushing with joy.”
23. “Not complaining about this view.”
24. “Sweet dreams are made of these…waterfalls.”
25. “No time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.”
26. “Let the waterfall wash over you.”
27. “Streaming now on Netflix…”
28. “BRB, chasing waterfalls.”
29. “You can catch me by the river.”
30. “Paradise found.”
31. “You can call me an aqua-holic.”
32. “Sitting by a waterfall, pondering the meaning of life.”
33. “Life doesn’t flow backward.”
Best Waterfall Quotes for Instagram
If you want the best waterfall quotes for Instagram then this selection of the best quotes about waterfalls is for you!
I mean, these inspiring and sometimes hilarious waterfall quotes are sure to stop your Instagram followers dead in their tracks so that they can engage with your supremely awesome photos.
So use these amazing waterfall quotes for Instagram and prepare to see a serious uptick in love from any Instagram users that come across your account.
34. “There is a hidden message in every waterfall. It says, if you are flexible, falling will not hurt you.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
35. “Look for yourself in the waterfall — still for just a moment before moving on again.”
36. “We start in different places, but in the end, we all meet at the waterfall.”
37. “I can see my rainbow calling me through the misty breeze of my waterfall.” – Jimi Hendrix
38. “Remember, the trick to not getting swept over the waterfall is swimming upstream.”
39. “Water is the most perfect traveler because when it travels it becomes the path itself.”
40. “A very wise quote is a spectacular waterfall. When you see it, you feel its power.”
41. “There’s no better place to find yourself than sitting by a waterfall and listening to its music.”
42. “There is a waterfall in every dream. Cool and crystal clear, it falls gently on the sleeper, cleansing the mind and soothing the soul.” – Virginia Alison
43. “As the music played over the speakers and the waterfall in the pool filled the silence around us, I knew that, without a doubt, I had just been ruined.” – Abbi Glines
44. “Once we have tasted far streams, touched the gold, found some limit beyond the waterfall, a season changes, and we come back changed but safe, quiet, grateful.” – William Stafford
Best Short Quotes about Waterfalls and Waterfall Quotes
Sometimes waterfall quotes don’t need to be long to be incredibly insightful. And this is the case with these amazing short quotes about waterfalls, which pack a whole lot of punch into as few words as possible.
So, they’re pretty perfect if you’re short on time but want to use powerful waterfall quotes to saying epic about this incredible natural phenomenon.
Especially since I think it’s safe to say that pretty much everyone on planet Earth LOVES waterfalls.
45. “Water is the driving force of all nature.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
46. “Keep close to nature’s heart.”
47. “Sometimes, all you need is a change in scenery.”
48. “Where water is the boss and the land must obey.”
49. “Just let go — and fall like a little waterfall.” – Bob Ross
50. “Adopt the pace of nature.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
51. “Tripping on skies, sipping on waterfalls.”
52. “Tell your dream to the waterfall.” – Sellâle
53. “The water tells none of its secrets.” – Nikos Engonopoulos
54. “Run wild and free like a waterfall.” – Anamika Mishra
55. “The waterfall winks at every passerby.” – Marty Rubin
56. “Every teardrop is a waterfall.” – Coldplay
57. “Grace be the waterfall in the wild of my mind.”
58. “Don’t go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and lakes you are used to.” – TLC
59. “Oh baby baby it’s a wild world.” — Cat Stevens, “Wild World”
60. “Waterfalls are nature’s waterslide.”
61. “Water your roots so your soul can blossom.”
62. “When water falls, it flies.” – Anthony T. Hincks
63. “Like a river, life doesn’t flow backward.”
64. “For an instant, silence, noisier than a waterfall.” – Salman Rushdie
Long Waterfall Quotes and Quotes about Waterfalls
If you want novel-size quotes about waterfalls then this is the section for you! Just kidding. These waterfall quotes aren’t actually THAT long. But, they definitely are a bit more substantial than waterfall captions for Instagram that you see at the start of this post.
So, if you’re looking for less concise and slightly more long-winded quotes, then give this section a look. I promise these words are truly inspirational and well worth a read.
65. “When you are outpouring your emotion, it is like me trying to climb up a waterfall. To get to you. But if you are calm and have faith in me, I can sail right over to you. On the still waters of your soul.” – Kate McGahan
66. “We would no longer pass sweet breezy days in our sleek tent, in mossy hills and sun, showering in waterfalls. That era was now our memory, a shared dream.”- Aspen Matis
67. “Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress. Water is not a solid wall, it will not stop you. But water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing, in the end, can stand against it. Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember that, my child. Remember you are half water. If you can’t go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.” — Margaret Atwood
68. “Be soft in your practice. Think of the method as a fine silvery stream, not a raging waterfall. Follow the stream, have faith in its course. It will go on its own way, meandering here, trickling there. It will find the grooves, the cracks, the crevices. Just follow it. Never let it out of your sight. It will take you.” ― Sheng-yen
69. “When I was walking in the mountains with the Japanese man and began to hear the water, he said, ‘What is the sound of the waterfall?’ ‘Silence,’ he finally told me.” – Jack Gilbert
70. “Another way to look at meditation is to view the process of thinking itself as a waterfall, a continual cascading of thought. In cultivating mindfulness we are going beyond or behind our thinking, much the way you might find a vantage point in a cave or depression in a rock behind a waterfall. We still see and hear the water, but we are out of the torrent.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
71. “As long as I live, I’ll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sing. I’ll interpret the rocks, learn the language of flood, storm, and the avalanche. I’ll acquaint myself with the glaciers and wild gardens, and get as near the heart of the world as I can.” – John Muir
Best Chasing Waterfalls Quotes
Looking for some awe-inspiring chasing waterfalls quotes? If so, then I totally get it. I mean, most of my posts and pictures that involve waterfalls reference chasing them in some way, shape, or form.
But, it can be hard to be equal parts insightful and profound when talking about chasing waterfalls since all that I can think of when I hear that phrase is that iconic TLC song.
So, if you’re in desperate need of some inspo, then give these best chasing waterfalls quotes and quotes about waterfalls a try. Who knows, the waterfall quotes you find may just surprise you.
72. “Go wherever you feel most alive.”
73. “You cannot hear the waterfall if you stand next to it. I paint my jungles in the desert.”
74. “Grace is finding a waterfall when you were only looking for a stream.” – Vanessa Hunt
75. “Chasing waterfalls. Be back never.”
76. “Don’t go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to.” – TLC, “Waterfalls”
77. “And down the waterfall where ever it may take me, I know that life won’t break me when I come to call.” – Robbie Williams, “Angels”
78. “It was more than just the gentle tumble of the waterfall, or the wind or the sound of birds. It was much, much more he knew. He looked about him and he knew he had found what he had been looking for.” – Michael Delaware
79. “I need waves. I need waterfalls. I want rushing currents.” – Tahereh Mafi
80. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”
81. “Do you seek adventure beyond the treacherous waterfalls? Do you seek the mythical being that dwells in this unreachable place? If you do, then you must first find me.”
82. “We are all naturally seekers of wonders. We travel far to see the majesty of old ruins, the venerable forms of the hoary mountains, great waterfalls, and galleries of art. And yet the world’s wonder is all around us; the wonder of setting suns, and evening stars, of the magic spring-time, the blossoming of the trees, the strange transformations of the moth.” – Albert Pike
83. “Don’t go jumping waterfalls, please, keep to the lake. People who jump waterfalls sometimes can make mistakes.” – Paul McCartney, “Waterfalls”
Inspiring Waterfall Quotes about Life
Raise your hand if you want some inspiring waterfall quotes about life, love, and the pursuit of happiness in your life? Yeah, you and me both since I could use a bit more inspiration in my life.
So, if you’re searching for some powerful waterfall quotes that are packed with meaning and that will definitely make you stop and think for a while, then look no further than this super snazzy section right here.
84. “Many a calm river begins as a turbulent waterfall, yet none hurtles and foams all the way to the sea.” – Mikhail Lermontov
85. “There’s music in water. Brooks babbling, fountains splashing. Weirs, waterfalls tumbling, gushing.” – Julie Andrews
86. “The point is that when I see a sunset or a waterfall or something, for a split second it’s so great, because for a little bit I’m out of my brain, and it’s got nothing to do with me.” – Chris Evans (author, not the actor)
87. “The higher you climb, the better the view.”
88. “There’s hope at the bottom of the biggest waterfall.” – Patrick Ness
89. “I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.”
90. “I keep my gratitude in my smile, a glistening waterfall in the sun.” – Sanober Khan
91. “She’ll carry on through it all. She’s a waterfall.”
92. “You don’t have the power to make rainbows or waterfalls, sunsets or roses, but you do have the power to bless people by your words and smiles. You carry within you the power to make the world better.” – Sharon G. Larsen
93. “The idea is that flowing water never goes stale, so just keep on flowing.” – Bruce Lee
94. “Look for tomorrow behind every waterfall.”
95. “A waterfall is concerned only with being itself, not with doing something it considers waterfall-like.” – Vernon Howard
96. “Waterfalls wouldn’t sound so melodious if there were no rocks in their way.”
97. “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
98. “The power of a waterfall is nothing but a lot of drips working together.” – Unknown
99. “A waterfall cannot be silent, just as wisdom. When they speak, the voice of power speaks.”
100. “Not a hundred feet away the river roared over a cliff’s-edge, and we weren’t really leaves, even if I’d been careful to forget that.” – Naomi Novik
101. “Life is like a waterfall. It is always moving and there is always an uneven flow to it.”
102. “My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.” – Mel Brooks
103. “Life is like a waterfall — in the end, we’re all one.”
104. “A strong person and a waterfall always carve their own path.”
105. “We say that life is sweet, its satisfactions deep. All this we say, as we sleepwalk our time through years of days and nights. We let time cascade over us like a waterfall, believing it to be never-ending. Yet each day that touches us, and every man in the world is unique; irredeemable; over. And just another Monday.” – Josephine Hart
106. “Our lives flow like water in a waterfall.”
107. “Do not feel sad for your tears as rocks never regret the waterfalls.” – Munia Khan
108. “It is life, I think, to watch the water. A man can learn so many things.” – Nicholas Sparks
109. “Life is naked. A nude body is the truest and noblest symbol of life. If I draw a mountain as a heap of human forms and paint a waterfall in the shape of tumbling human bodies, it is because I see in the mountain a heap of living things, and in the waterfall a precipitate current of life.” – Kahlil Gibran
110. “Sometimes, it’s hard to tell how fast the current’s moving until you’re headed over a waterfall.” – Kimberly McCreight
111. “With meditation, I found a ledge above the waterfall of my thoughts.” – Mary Pipher
112. “They both listened silently to the water, which to them was not just water, but the voice of life, the voice of Being, the voice of perpetual Becoming.” – Hermann Hesse
113. “God is discovered entirely through creation — the brilliance of a sunset, the powerful roar of a waterfall, the symphony of sounds you hear in the heart of the forest, or the vastness of space and its countless stars.” – Benjamin F Sullivan
114. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
115. “Like a waterfall goin’ down. Like a waterfall washing me down. Spinnin’ me around. Lord, and I’m drownin’. Like a waterfall going down.” – James, “Waterfall”
116. “Great things are over every fall and around every bend.”
117. “A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.”
118. “Experiencing the present purely is being empty and hollow; you catch grace as a man fills his cup under a waterfall.” – Annie Dillard
119. “I feel like water that transforms from a flowing river to a tranquil lake to a powerful waterfall to a freshwater spring to a meandering creek to a salty sea to raindrops gentle on your face to hard, stinging hail to frost on a mountaintop, and back to a river again.” – María Farinango
Waterfall Love Quotes and Quotes about Waterfalls
There may not be a lot of quotes about waterfalls and love here. But you know what? Waterfalls and love kind of go together like peanut butter and jelly. So, yeah, they compliment each other perfectly.
So, if you want some waterfall love quotes that perfectly intertwine the beauty of love and waterfalls, then these quotes will be perfect for you.
120. “Hold my hand. Take my life. Waterfall, waterfall, waterfall, waterfall, you’re beautiful.” Gavin DeGraw, “Waterfall”
121. “You’re my little waterfall, whoa – ohh. I love to watch you roll and roll, whoa – ohh. ” – Ex Hex, “Waterfall”
122. “There is nothing more magical than a waterfall.” – Unknown
123. “Romance often begins by a splashing waterfall and ends over a leaky sink.” – Ellen
124. “Something’s going down like a waterfall. Some strong feeling’s some old love. I saw you and it made no sense at all. Now I feel like there’s too much caffeine in my blood.” – James, “Waterfall”
125. “I love the sounds and the power of pounding water, whether it is the waves or a waterfall.”
126. “When you’re young, there’s so much that you can’t take in. It’s pouring over you like a waterfall. When you’re older, it’s less intense, but you’re able to reach out and drink it. I love being older.” – Sigourney Weaver
127. “If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.” – Loren Eiseley
128. “Cut me free, a drifting tile without ancestors. Heart-felt eulogy, it runs down your face. Take me to the waterfall when it’s over, when it’s over. ” Fear of Men, “Waterfall”
Nature Waterfall Quotes and Quotes about Waterfalls
I love nature, yes I do. I love nature, how about you?!?!? Okay, all sing-songy jokes aside, these beautiful, next-level awe-inspiring nature waterfall quotes are sure to satisfy all of your wilderness-related needs.
So, whether you’re missing the wilderness or need some beautiful quotes about waterfalls that capture the natural wonder embodied within this landscape feature, this section is sure to be mighty helpful – and pretty dang inspiring too.
129. “Young leaves, the sound of a waterfall, heard from far and near.” – Yosa Buson
130. “We made our way to the very edge of the cliff and looked down. We could hear the water dashing, splashing, and roaring as if angry at the small space through which it was forced to pass.” – Sallie Hester
131. “Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ― Hermann Hesse
132. “A waterfall is a miracle of nature.”
133. “By the time we arrived, as evening was approaching, I felt as sore as a rock must feel when the waterfall has pounded on it all day long.”
134. “Above them, a waterfall tumbled from a clifftop as high as a church steeple. The water fell in milky blue strands, shooting spray in the air that danced in rainbows of gold, pink, and blue.” – Martine Bailey
135. “And when you hear the sound of the waterfall coming nearer and nearer, tidy up the boat, put on your best tie and hat, and smoke a cigar right up till the moment you go over. That’s a triumph.” – Ray Bradbury
136. “While people are struggling unhappily in the cities against the cruel authorities, a waterfall happily and cheerfully flows in the nature; there is happiness only if there is freedom.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
137. “Someone caught the nature bug. And that someone would be me.”
138. “There’s nobody living who couldn’t stand all afternoon in front of a waterfall. Anyone who can sit on a stone in a field awhile can see my painting. Nature is like parting a curtain, you go into it as you would cross an empty beach to look at the ocean.” – Agnes Martin
139. “When the moonlight and the waterfall come together, all other things fade from the scene.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
140. “A waterfall is nature’s laughter.”
141. “Emerald slopes became so tall they touched the clouds, and showers painted diamond waterfalls that sluiced down cliff sides.” – Victoria Kahler
142. “A waterfall happily and cheerfully flows in nature; there is happiness only if there is freedom.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
143.“No matter how powerful a waterfall is, it cannot be heard from far away because all waterfalls are local. If you want the whole world to hear you, take a universal position where all can see you, just like the Moon, just like the Sun.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
144. “The river plunged down in a long waterfall, plashing into several rocky pools on its way down the cliff.” – Alison Croggon
145. “A waterfall is nature’s shower.”
146. “They say that people who live next to waterfalls don’t hear the water.” – Jonathan Foer
147. “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty if only we have the eyes to see them.” – John Ruskin
148. “Look with open eyes, and you will see the beauty of the waterfall.” – Anthony Hincks
149. “Waterfalls are exciting because they have power, they have rainbows, they have songs, and they have boldness and craziness.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
150. “My desert soul erupts with turquoise water, floods and cascades and waterfalls rushing in around my stone, swirling and eddying around my rocky parts, pushing and reshaping and filling every hidden dark spot.” – Kiersten White
151. “There’s no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.” – John Ruskin
Funny Waterfall Captions for Instagram
Ready for some funny waterfall captions that might make you laugh out loud? If so then take a look at these awesome funny quotes about waterfalls. After all, I’ve included some pretty sweet waterfall quotes from legendary comedians like none other than Ellen Degeneres herself.
Because let’s be honest, I can only hope that one day soon I’ll be almost as funny as some of these immortal people are.
152. “In America, one sure sign of success is the presence of an unnecessary waterfall in a person’s yard.” – Demetri Martin
153. “I would caption this with a waterfall pun, but that’s too main-stream.”
154. “Lessons from a waterfall — Keep moving, and you will eventually get over it.”
155. “This view is gorges!”
156. “When God takes a shower, waterfalls come to life around the world. When I take a shower, my hair usually clogs the drain.” – Anthony T. Hincks
157. “Canoe + Waterfall = I don’t go camping anymore.” – Demetri Martin
158. “I just heard a joke about a waterfall. It was a pour joke.”
159. “You don’t always get the waterfall shortcut in Mario Kart. That’s life.” – Jack Barakat
160. “The vast waterfall of history pours down, and a few obituarists fill teacups with the stories.”
161. “Be careful crossing the waterfall, it’s a fatal spot.” – Karl Meltzer
Waterfall Puns and Funny Quotes about Waterfalls
Looking for quotes about waterfalls that will make you laugh? Or how about a selection of waterfall puns that are so lame, they’re good?
Well, if either of those things appeals to you then these waterfall quotes are perfect for you. Besides, I bet your Instagram fandom of awesome will love laughing at all of these waterfall puns. I pinkie promise.
162. “This waterfall isn’t a hidden gem; it’s mainstream.”
163. “I fell in love with you pretty rapid-ly.”
164. “Falling for the falls.”
165. “Too cool for pool.”
166. “Just gushing with joy.”
167. “Sometimes you just gotta go with the flow.”
168. “Make it rainbows.”
169. “You’re making pour decisions!”
170. “We wanted to see the waterfalls, but we mist.”
171. “It’s all downhill from here.”
172. “What’s all the foss about?”
173. “Overhang ten.”
174. “Water you looking at?”
175. “Water you up to today? I’m just chasing waterfalls.”
176. “It’s a-boat time.”
177. “These waterfalls have me roaring with excitement.”
178. “They said don’t go Jason waterfalls…”
179. “Go big and never water down your expectations.”
180. “Things are really looking up.”
181. “Best Livestream ever. ”
182. “I’ll fall-ow you to the edge of the world.”
183. “What’s the big rush?”
184. “Take the plunge!”
185. “Falling in love all over again.”
186. “Wherever you go, I’ll fall-ow you.”
187. “Let all your troubles fall away.”
188. “Pleased to make your aqua-tense.”
189. “Water-falling in love with this place.”
190. “I never mist a chance to see a waterfall.”
191. “This waterfall is way too main-stream.”
192. “What’s the opposite of a waterfall? A firefly.”
193. “A waterfall that empties into a well is called a Wat-er-well.”
194. “That was a pour joke.”
195. “You’re lying and I think that’s falls advertising.”
196. “Why did the fish swim over the waterfall? For the halibut. ”
197. “Why do hot air balloons use burners and not steam? Because fireflies and waterfalls.”
198. “What happens when water trips? A waterfall.”
199. “Who was the first underwater spy? James Pond.”
200. “What do you call a dried-up waterfall? A water-fell.”
Additional Articles about Quotes You’ll Love
- Best Lake Quotes for Instagram
- 140 Amazing Quotes about Sunrise
- Amazing Rainbow Quotes to Brighten Your Day
- 190 Inspiring Mountain Quotes
- Best Ever Quotes about the Sea
- Best Quotes about Alaska
There you have it! That just about wraps up this epic guide to all of the best waterfall quotes out there today!
Tell me, did your favorite quotes about waterfalls make the list? If not then let me know in the comments below!
And if you found this post useful, be sure to join our email list before pinning this post now so that you can read it again later!