As someone who lives in the Adirondacks (aka a really mountainous region in New York), I have a deep, almost indescribable affinity for the mountains and the beauty that they possess. This is also why I want to share all my favorite mountain quotes with you right now!
I mean, I can barely find the words to capture the awe-inspiring beauty of conquering the summit of a, particularly difficult mountain summit.
And finding amazing quotes about mountains and mountain captions for Instagram allows me to do just that – in an infinitely more articulate way that doesn’t sound supremely clunky.
So, if you want to express the pure, unadulterated beauty of mountain landscapes but aren’t entirely sure how to do that then THIS is the post for you.
Because I’m about to share 210 of my favorite, most awe-inspiring mountain quotes of all time. You know, supremely stellar quotes about mountains that might even help you get a little more loving from your followers on Instagram.
Heck, I’ll even throw in some epic mountain puns and funny mountain quotes since I think we could all use a good laugh right about now.
Dear wonderful, beautiful, and oh-so-amazing reader (Yup, I lay it on thick for my dozens of fans). Since I am incapable of making it rain money, there’s a high probability (like 99.999%) that this post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more information. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Short Mountain Quotes and Short Quotes on Mountains
These short mountain quotes are PERFECT for Instagram! After all, we know that Instagram users all have the attention span of a fly.
Therefore, these itty bitty, super short quotes on mountains will make the perfect mountain quotes for Instagram if you want to caption a photo but aren’t 100% sure what to say.
So, enjoy some of my favorite short, mountain quotes for Instagram.
1. “It is better to master one mountain than a thousand foothills.” – William Arthur Ward
2. “Hike more. Worry Less.”– Unknown
3. “As a mountain, you can’t grow, but as a human, I can” – Edmund Hillary
4. “The mountains are calling and I must go.” – John Muir
5. “The best view comes after the hardest climb.”– Unknown
6. “Nothing lives long, Only the earth and mountains.” – Dee Brown
7. “It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
8. “Going to the mountains is like going home” – John Muir
9. “Go where you feel most alive.” – Unknown
10. “How wild it was to let it be.” – Cheryl Strayed
11. “Life is better in hiking boots.” – Unknown
12. “When preparing to climb a mountain, pack a light heart.” – Dan May
13. “The best view comes after the hardest climb.”– Unknown
14. “Coffee, Mountains, Adventure” – Unknown
15. “Each fresh peak ascended teaches something.” – Sir Martin Conway
16. “All good things are wild and free.” – Unknown
17. “Go wild, for a while” – Unknown
18. “If you think you’ve peaked, find a new mountain.” – Unknown
19. “You’re off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So… get on your way!’ – Dr. Seuss
20. “A little more altitude, a little less attitude” – Unknown
21. “What are men to rocks and mountains?” – Jane Austen
22. “The hardest mountain to climb is the one within.” -J. Lynn
23. “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” – Harley King
Best Mountain Captions for Instagram and Best Mountain Quotes for Instagram
What? Still don’t have enough Insta inspo and need even more mountain captions for Instagram? Well, you’re twisting my arm here (lol) but fine.
Here are even more short, mountain quotes for Instagram that are perfect if you know what you want to say about mountains but aren’t exactly sure how to say it.
Yeah, I like to leave these types of mountain quotes for Instagram to the tried and true pros and love lists like this.
24. “Great things are done when men and mountains meet;” – William Blake
25. “Wake up, it’s adventure and coffee time.”
26. “There’s no time to be bored in world as beautiful as this” – Unknown
27. “I am never lost in the mountains, it’s where I find myself.”
28. “Life’s a bit like mountaineering – never look down.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
29. “Life should have more mountains and less stress.”
30. “When everything feels like an uphill struggle, think of the view from the top” – Unknown
31. “The climb speaks to our character, but the view, I think, to our souls.” – Lori Lansens
32. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot
33. “Life is better when you’re surrounded by your best friends in the mountains.”
34. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
35. “If you need me, you can find me in the mountains” – Unknown
36. “Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
37. “Great things are done when men and mountains meet.”
38. “You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” – John Muir
39. “The top of one mountain is always the bottom of another.” – Marianne Williamson
40. “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” – Ed Viesturs
41. “Climbing my way to bigger and better things.”
42. “When life gives you mountains put on your boots and hike.” – Unknown
43. “Over every mountain, there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.” – Theodore Roethke
44. “I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.”
45. “Mountains are earth’s undecaying monuments.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
46. “Take me to the mountains.”
47. “You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” – John Muir
48. “The most dangerous thing you can do in life is play it safe.’’ – Casey Neistat
49. “That girl, she’s going to move mountains.”
50. “Always be thankful for the little things… even the smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views!” – Nyki Mack
51. “All I need is a mountain breeze and tall trees.”
52. “So this was what a mountain was like, the same as a person: the more you know, the less you fear.” – Wu Ming-Yi
53. “Chasing angels or fleeing demons, go to the mountains”– Jeffrey Rasley
54. “Mountains are created to be conquered; adversities are designed to be defeated; problems are sent to be solved.” – William Arthur Ward
55. “Despite all I have seen and experienced, I still get the same simple thrill out of glimpsing a tiny patch of snow in a high mountain gully and feel the same urge to climb towards it.” – Edmund Hillary
56. “Mountains are not Stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practise my religion.”– Anatoli Boukreev
57. “Mountaineering is a lot like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer, you’re damn glad when its over, but its an interesting story.” – Unknown
58. “Beyond the mountains, more mountains.” – a Haitian proverb
59. “These mountains were here long before I was born and will be here long after I am gone.” – Unknown
Best Long Mountain Quotes and Quotes about Mountains
If you want meaty, dare I say slightly juicier, long mountain quotes then look no further! Because this section is brimming over with excellent quotes about mountains that have a bit more verbiage to them.
The best mountain quotes that use a ton of words to accurately describe why you love the mountains so darn much!
60. “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than what we could learn from books.” – John Lubbock
61. “Mountains know secrets we need to learn. That might take time, it might be hard, but if you just hold on long enough, you will find the strength to rise up”- Tyler Knott
62. “The greatest gift of life on the mountain is time. Time to think or not think, read or not read, scribble or not scribble—to sleep and cook and walk in the woods, to sit and stare at the shapes of the hills.” – Phillip Connors
63. “And if these mountains had eyes, they would wake to find two strangers in their fences, standing in admiration as a breathing red pours its tinge upon earth’s shore. These mountains, which have seen untold sunrises, long to thunder praise but stand reverent, silent so that man’s weak praise should be given God’s attention.” – Donald Miller
64. “Mountains, according to the angle of view, the season, the time of day, the beholder’s frame of mind, or any one thing, can effectively change their appearance. Thus, it is essential to recognize that we can never know more than one side, one small aspect of a mountain.” – Haruki Murakami
65. “I’m a person of the mountains and the open paddocks and the big empty sky, that’s me, and I knew if I spent too long away from all that I’d die; I don’t know what of, I just knew I’d die.” – John Marsden
66. “There is no such sense of solitude as that which we experience upon the silent and vast elevations of great mountains. Lifted high above the level of human sounds and habitations, among the wild expanses and colossal features of Nature, we are thrilled in our loneliness with a strange fear and elation – an ascent above the reach of life’s expectations or companionship, and the tremblings of a wild and undefined misgivings.” – J. Sheridan Le Fanu
67. “Without mountains, we might find ourselves relieved that we can avoid the pain of the ascent, but we will forever miss the thrill of the summit. And in such a terribly scandalous trade-off, it is the absence of pain that becomes the thief of life.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
68. “Purposes, plans, and achievements of men may all disappear like a yon cloud upon the mountain’s summit; but, like the mountain itself, the things which are of God shall stand fast for ever and ever.” – Charles Spurgeon
69. “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news” – John Muir
70. “If you are faced with a mountain, you have several options. You can climb it and cross to the other side. You can go around it. You can dig under it. You can fly over it. You can blow it up. You can ignore it and pretend it’s not there. You can turn around and go back the way you came. Or you can stay on the mountain and make it your home.”— Vera Nazarian
71. “You don’t climb mountains without a team, you don’t climb mountains without being fit, you don’t climb mountains without being prepared and you don’t climb mountains without balancing the risks and rewards. And you never climb a mountain on accident – it has to be intentional.” – Mark Udall
72. “I feel like an old-fashioned mountain climber when I am making discoveries, seeing something for the first time, realizing that no human before me has ever seen what I am seeing. It takes your breath away – for just a moment, you feel a pause in time, as you know you are crossing a boundary into a new realm of knowledge.” — Heidi Hammel
73. “Few places in this world are more dangerous than home. Fear not, therefore, to try the mountain passes. They will kill care, save you from deadly apathy, set you free, and call forth every faculty into vigorous, enthusiastic action.” – John Muir
74. “Those personal values, which we gain from our approach to the mountains, are great enough to enrich our life. Is not the irrationality of its very lack of purpose the deepest argument for climbing?” – Heinrich Harrer
75. “But the objective, the people ask, the meaning, the goal? There is no meaning, there is no goal. Mountaineering is as meaningless as life itself – and thus its magic will never die.” – Peter Wessel Zapffe
76. “So, if you cannot understand that there is something in man which responds to the challenge of this mountain and goes out to meet it, that the struggle is the struggle of life itself upward and forever upward, then you won’t see why we go. What we get from this adventure is just sheer joy. And joy is, after all, the end of life. We do not live to eat and make money. We eat and make money to be able to enjoy life. That is what life means and what life is for.” ― George Leigh Mallory
Mountain View Quotes
Looking for mountain quotes that accurately describe the awe-inspiring view from the summit? If so then consider reading this selection of quotes about mountains now!
It also has tons of mountain quotes that accurately describe what climbing is like and how climbers experience life and the view from the top.
77. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” – Andy Rooney
78. “The mountains were his masters. They rimmed in life. They were the cup of reality, beyond growth, beyond struggle and death. They were his absolute unity in the midst of eternal change.” ― Thomas Wolfe
79. “Everybody wants to reach the peak, but there is no growth on the top of a mountain. It is in the valley that we slog through the lush grass and rich soil, learning and becoming what enables us to summit life’s next peak.” –Andy Andrews
80. “Human life is far more important than just getting to the top of a mountain.” – Edmund Hillary
81. “Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top. Then you will see how low it was.” – Dag Hammarskjold
82. “Accidents on big mountains happen when people’s ambitions cloud their good judgment. Good climbing is about climbing with heart and with instinct, not ambition and pride.” – Bear Grylls
83. “The way up to the top of the mountain is always longer than you think. Don’t fool yourself, the moment will arrive when what seemed so near is still very far.” – Paulo Coelho
84. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
85. “We are now in the mountains and they are in us, kindling enthusiasm, making every nerve quiver, filling every pore and cell of us.” – John Muir
86. “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.” – John Muir
87. “How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!” – John Muir
88. “Mountains are not Stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion.” – Anatoli Boukreev
Best Mountain Climbing Quotes
Mountain climbers are a rare and truly unique breed of people. Therefore, they definitely need their very own set of mountain climbing quotes just for them
So, if the mere mention of the word, “mountain climbing” fills you with joy, then these quotes about mountains and mountain climbing quotes will be perfect for you!
89. “I learn something every time I go into the mountains.” – Michael Kennedy
90. “There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” – Alex Lowe
91. “You won’t find reasonable men at the top of tall mountains” – Hunter S Thompson
92. “Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
93. “The summit is what drives us, but the climb itself is what matters.” – Conrad Anker
94. “Mountains are like the great equalizer. It doesn’t matter who anyone is or what they do.” – Jimmy Chin
95. “When you stand at the bottom of the mountain and look up at the mountaintop, the path looks hard and stony, and the top is obscured by clouds. But when you reach the top and you look down, you realize that there are a thousand paths that could have brought you to that place.” – Roz Savage
96. “Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.” – Greg Child
97. “The choices we make lead up to actual experiences. It is one thing to decide to climb a mountain. It is quite another to be on top of it.” – Herbert A. Simon
98. “Our peace shall stand as firm as rocky mountains.” – William Shakespeare
99. “In the mountains there are only two grades: you can either do it, or you can’t.” – Rusty Baillie
100. “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
101. “I think, every time I’m on the mountain, I’m just so grateful to be there”– Chloe Kim
102. “You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen.” – Rene Daumal
103. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddam mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
104. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wears you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe” – Muhammad Ali
Best Quotes About Mountains and Clouds
Mountains and clouds kind of go together like peanut butter and jelly. That’s why I put together a few of my fave quotes about mountains and clouds.
Yup, like the title suggests all of these mountain quotes involve clouds in some way, shape, or form.
So, check out all of these quotes about mountains and clouds and I hope they inspire some of your future adventures.
105. “Clouds come and go, the mountain remains.” – Meeta Ahluwalia
106. “The Sierra Nevada is five hundred miles of rock put right. Granite freed by glaciers and lifted through clouds where water, frozen and fine, has scraped and washed it into a high country so brilliant it brings light into night.” – Willard Wyman
107. “Beneath the moon, chilly winds blow through the pines as wisps of clouds arise. So many mountain ridges layer into each other for miles around! The valley stream is quiet and clear — I’m not done with this boundless joy.” – Peter Levitt
108. “Sandwiched between the clouds with a layer above and below and the scenery shyly peeping through.”– Laynni Locke
109. “The great Rocky Mountains, softly shaded in gray, were submerged in a sea of fluffy white clouds, feathery wisps enveloping the peaks like a kingdom of the air.” – Gina Marinello-Sweeney
110. “the light spread, there were long lines of cloud in the sky and presently above them the outline of the snow peaks appeared, cold and hard as if they were made of iron; they turned from black to grey to white while the hills were still in darkness.” – Rumer Godden
111. “While they rested, he searched for landmarks. The mountains they’d walked into were gone, a hazy gray ceiling of storm clouds in their place. It gave him the unsettling feeling of being caught inside a box.” – Danika Stone
112. “There are beautiful clouds below her and there are snow-clad mountain peaks emerging from those clouds. The white peaks shining in blue sky among white clouds look like glittering diamonds to her.” – Ashish Bhardwaj
113. “In the midst of a thousand clouds and countless waters, there is an idle person. By day, he roams the green mountains, at night, he returns to sleep beneath the cliff. Quickly, the seasons pass in serenity, with no worldly bonds. How joyful! What does he depend upon? Quiet, like a large autumn river.” – Peter Levitt
114. “God begins to paint the clouds in the eastern sky when the mountains butterflies come flying home” – Srinidhi. R
115. “Sunlight streamed through grumbling storm clouds that played like tiger kittens around the mountain ridges.” – Jane Wilson-Howarth
116. “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” – Edward Abbey
117. “Two peaks, wonderfully akin and compatible in every way, may rise to the clouds but never witness each other’s majesty because of the space between them.” – John Shors
118. “Emerald slopes became so tall they touched the clouds, and showers painted diamond waterfalls that sluiced down cliff sides.” – Victoria Kahler
119. “Among the clouds, we shared a cup of tea the mountain and me” – Meeta Ahluwalia
120. “Gazing out from the mountains, the clouds are whiter, the sky is bluer, the air seeping into your lungs is as clear as the water roaring down from the snow, melting on the high peaks. A place where heaven is a little closer.” – Virginia Alison
121. “In the presence of eternity, the mountains are as transient as the clouds.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
122. “Purposes, plans, and achievements of men may all disappear like a yon cloud upon the mountain’s summit; but, like the mountain itself, the things which are of God shall stand fast forever and ever.” – Charles Spurgeon
Best Mountaineering Quotes and Quotes about Mountaineering
If you love mountain climbing and need mountaineering quotes that capture your love of the sport then look no further! Because this section has all of the best quotes about mountaineering and mountain quotes that perfectly embody the sport of mountain climbing.
That’s why, if you need quotes about mountains and mountaineering then you, my friend, have come to the right place.
123. “No matter how tall the mountain is, it cannot block the sun.” – Chinese Proverb
124. “The peaks of the highest mountains are very frightening, but in the spirit of a mountaineer there is something that constantly feeds his courage: An endless desire to succeed!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
125. “If adventure has a final and all-embracing motive, it is surely this: we go out because it is our nature to go out, to climb mountains, and to paddle rivers, to fly to the planets and plunge into the depths of the oceans… When man ceases to do these things, he is no longer man.” – Wilfrid Noyce
126. “ we look for private experience rather than public history, even getting to the top becomes an optional narrative rather than the main point, and those who only wander in high places become part of the story.” – Rebecca Solnit
127. “For the stone from the top for geologists, the knowledge of the limits of endurance for the doctors, but above all for the spirit of adventure to keep alive the soul of man.” – George Mallory
128. “You need mountains, long staircases don’t make good hikers.” – Amit Kalantri
129. “The night presents its most magnificent gifts to the mountaineers who endure the biggest troubles!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
130. “Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end.” – Edward Whymper
131. “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Hermann Buhl
132. “Every mountain has its soul… if the mountain does not accept you & you don’t submit to her will, she will destroy you.” – Bernadette McDonald,
133. “I like the mountains because they make me feel small,’ Jeff says. ‘They help me sort out what’s important in life.” – Mark Obmascik
134. “How to get the best of it all? One must conquer, achieve, get to the top; one must know the end to be convinced that one can win the end – to know there’s no dream that mustn’t be dared.” – George Mallory
135. “The end of every road is only the beginning of a new one, even longer and more difficult.” – Anatoli Boukreev
136. “Tomaz believed that 80% alpinism was mental and spiritual and that his third eye vision & openness of his mind to the language of the walls were critical.” – Bernadette McDonald,
137. “Few experiences rival a serious climb for bringing us into close contact with our own limitations. Part engineering project, part chess game, part ultramarathon, mountaineering demands of us in a way that other endeavors do not.” – Nick Heil
138. “People ask me, ‘What is the use of climbing Mount Everest?’ and my answer must at once be, ‘It is of no use.’There is not the slightest prospect of any gain whatsoever.
Oh, we may learn a little about the behaviour of the human body at high altitudes, and possibly medical men may turn our observation to some account for the purposes of aviation. But otherwise nothing will come of it.
We shall not bring back a single bit of gold or silver, not a gem, nor any coal or iron… If you cannot understand that there is something in man which responds to the challenge of this mountain and goes out to meet it, that the struggle is the struggle of life itself upward and forever upward, then you won’t see why we go. What we get from this adventure is just sheer joy.
And joy is, after all, the end of life. We do not live to eat and make money. We eat and make money to be able to live. That is what life means and what life is for.” – George Mallory
Best Move Mountains Quotes
Want some inspiring quotes about mountains that will make you feel like you can quite literally move mountains? Then this is the section for you! I’ve put together all of my favorite move mountains quotes for you to enjoy right here!
139. “Your faith can move mountains and your doubt can create them.” – Swami Vivekananda
140. “Persistence is the most powerful force on Earth, it can move mountains.” – Albert Einstein
141. “Believing that you can move mountains is sometimes more important than actually having the ability to do so.” – Joshua Kushner
142. “A lot of us would like to move mountains but few of us are willing to practice on small hills.” – Ed Macauley
143. “You can’t move mountains by whispering at them. ” – Pink
144. “Education is a way to move mountains, build bridges, to change the world. Education is the path to the future. I believe that education is indeed freedom. ” – Oprah Winfrey
145. “Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.” – Steve Jobs
146. “I believe life is constantly testing us for our level of commitment, and life’s greatest rewards are reserved for those who demonstrate a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve. This level of resolve can move mountains, but it must be constant and consistent.” – Tony Robbins
147. “One who can move mountains start with the little stones.” – Confucius
148. “I don’t want to play with marbles when God told me to move mountains!” – Reinhard Bonnke
149. “If I have someone who believes in me, I can move mountains.” – Diana Ross
150. “A team aligned behind a vision will move mountains.” – Kevin Rose
151. “Kindness moves mountains. Acceptance opens doors, makes room for change, diffuses misunderstanding.” – Dianna Agron
152. “Faith can reclaim deserts as well as move mountains.” – Wallace Stegner
153. “With drive and a bit of talent, you can move mountains.” – Dwayne Johnson
154. “Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for faith that moves mountains.” – Eric Hoffer
155. “So be sure when you step, step with great care and great tact. And remember that life’s a great balancing act. And will you succeed? Yes, you will indeed (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed)! Kid, you’ll move mountains.” Dr. Seuss
156. “It’s important to know that words don’t move mountains. Work, exacting work moves mountains.” – Danilo Dolci
157. “Meditation and prayer are my secret weapons and when I use them, I can move mountains.” – Syesha Mercado
158. “Those who believe they can move mountains, do. Those who believe they can’t, cannot. Belief triggers the power to do.” – David J. Schwartz
159. “The man who gives up accomplishes nothing and is only a hindrance. The man who does not give up can move mountains.” – Ernest Hello
160. “To know beyond any shadow of a doubt that God is bigger, and therefore you cannot lose? That’s the faith that moves mountains.” – Graham Cooke
161. “The combination of successful communication – the sharing of thoughts – and physical action can, literally, move mountains.” – Peter McWilliams
162. “Remember, the mind is your best muscle…BIG arms can move rocks but BIG words can move mountains.” – Sylvester Stalone
Best Mountain Love Quotes
These mountain love quotes are the perfect way to combine the beauty of love with the majesty of a mountainous landscape. That’s why, if you want the best mountains quotes and best quotes about mountains that deal with love, then this section is for you.
163. “I like geography best, he said, because your mountains & rivers know the secret. Pay no attention to boundaries.” – Brian Andreas
164. “Mountains seem to answer an increasing imaginative need in the West. More and more people are discovering a desire for them, and a powerful solace in them.” – Robert MacFarlane
165. “And if these mountains had eyes, they would wake to find two strangers in their fences, standing in admiration as a breathing red pours its tinge upon earth’s shore. These mountains, which have seen untold sunrises, long to thunder praise but stand reverent, silent so that man’s weak praise should be given God’s attention.” – Donald Miller
166. “Although I deeply love oceans, deserts and other wild landscapes, it is only mountains that beckon me with that sort of painful magnetic pull to walk deeper and deeper into their beauty. They keep me continuously wanting to know more, feel more, see more.” – Victoria Erickson
167. “He loved mountains, or he had loved the thought of them marching on the edge of stories brought from far away; but now he was borne down by the insupportable weight of Middle-earth. He longed to shut out the immensity in a quiet room by a fire.” – J R R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
168. “We are now in the mountains and they are in us, kindling enthusiasm, making every nerve quiver, filling every pore and cell of us.” – John Muir
169. “Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity” – John Muir
170. “Faeries, come take me out of this dull world, For I would ride with you upon the wind, Run on the top of the dishevelled tide, And dance upon the mountains like a flame.” – William Butler Yeats
171. “Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.” – Khalil Gibran
172. “The cliche is that life is a mountain. You go up, reach the top and then go down.” – Jeanne Moreau
173. ‘Cause baby, there ain’t no mountain high enough. Ain’t no valley low enough. Ain’t no river wide enough, to keep me from getting to you, baby.” – Song Ain’t No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrel
174. “I’ve realized that at the top of the mountain, there’s another mountain.” – Andrew Garfield
175. “Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves, and half in love with oblivion.” – Robert Macfarlane
176. “The only Zen you can find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring up there.“– Robert M. Pirsig
177. “I am convinced that the jealous, the angry, the bitter, and the egotistical are the first to race to the top of mountains. A confident person enjoys the journey, the people they meet along the way and sees life, not as a competition.” – Shannon L. Alder
Best Funny Mountain Puns and Funny Quotes about Mountains
Need a good laugh? Yeah, you and me both. That’s why these funny mountain puns and hilarious quotes about mountains are perfect for you. Just use these funny mountains quotes now and you’re sure to put a smile on someone’s face!
178. “What do you call an amazing day up a mountain? A peak experience.”
179. “Mount me in!”
180. “Never forget how beautiful the mountains are. You don’t want to take them for granite.”
181. “Every man should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life.” – Werner Herzog
182. “Why are mountains always sleepy? Because they n-Everest.”
183. “Enjoying life in the snow lane.”
184. “You should dress warmly in the Andes. That place is Chile.”
185. “From crags to riches.”
186. “How do mountains hear? With mountain-eers of course!”
187. “Don’t get your slopes up.”
188. “Time in the mountains is snow much fun.”
189. “If this mountain was a novel, I’d call it, ‘Climb and Punishment’.”
190. “Action-peaked adventure.”
191. “What do you call a giant hill made of kittens? A meow-tain.”
192. “Don’t sweat the tall stuff.”
193. “You might be at the summit but it’s all downhill from there.”
194. “The Climb Minister.”
195. “What’s the smartest mountain in the world? Mount Cl-Everest.”
196. “Three hikes and you’re out.”
197. “What’s the most dangerous mountain in the world? Kill-a-man-jaro.”
198. “Hill out.”
199. “A mountain’s favorite band is Range Against the Machine.”
200. “Right up your valley.”
201. “Did you hear that story about the biggest mountain in the world? I couldn’t get over it.”
202. “Mount your blessings.”
203. “Why can’t you play hide and seek with mountains? They always peak!”
204. “Canyon help me out?”
205. “I’ve peaked!”
206. “Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill.”
207. “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out; it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.” – Robert W. Service
208. “Take a hike.”
209. “Mountain girl > Beach girl.”
210. “We are peaking till further notice.”
Other Posts About Quotes You’ll Love
- 150 Amazing Quotes about the Sea
- 120+ Amazing Quotes about Alaska
- 100+ Amazing Quotes about Amsterdam
- 100+ Best Quotes about Rome
- Best Quotes about Rainbows
- 140 Amazing Quotes about Sunrise
- 120 Best Quotes about Lakes!
- Best Quotes about Waterfalls