Are you OBSESSED with ocean quotes, quotes about the sea, beach quotes, and just basically all of the best sea quotes ever?
Hi, yeah, me too. After all, I could always use a little extra vitamin sea in my life – especially when it’s the dead of winter and all I really want to do is hop in the ocean and frolic through the waves like the beach bunny that I am.
Or like a half-dead cow since that description is infinitely more accurate.
Anyway, regardless of whether you dream about the sea. what to snazz up your latest Instagram post with some supremely awesome sea captions and sea quotes for Instagram, or just want to use these sea beach quotes to low-key pretend you’re at the ocean when there are 10,000 feet of snow outside, this list of ocean quotes is totally for you!
Because I hardcore love the sea (aka ocean in the US) and want to share all of my very best sea quotes with you. This way, you can quickly and easily make all your sea/beach-related dreams come true.
So, if you’re ready, let’s swan dive into this glorious expert’s guide to 150 of the best quotes about the sea!
Dear wonderful, beautiful, and oh-so-amazing reader (Yup, I lay it on thick for my dozens of fans). Since I am incapable of making it rain money, there’s a high probability (like 99.999%) that this post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more information. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Short Sea Quotes and Quotes about the Sea
Honestly, sometimes you just can’t handle a super long-sea quote that most of your Instagram followers (or you) won’t read. And that’s why I love these short sea quotes.
Because at around twenty-two words MAX, these short quotes about the sea are easy to read but still pack a whole lot of punch with their insightful meaning.
So, if you want something that is short and sweet and yet still powerfully inspiring, then these short quotes about the sea are for you!
1. “A rising tide lifts all boats.” – Sean Lemass
2. “How foolish to believe we are more powerful than the sea or the sky.” – Ruta Sepetys
3. “Even the upper end of the river believes in the ocean. ” – William Stafford
4. “Rough seas make stronger sailors. Tough times build greater people.” – Robin Sharma
5. “The waves of the sea help me get back to me.” – Jill Davis
6. “Life is as inexorable as the sea.” – Thomas Wentworth Higginson
7. “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.” – Anais Nin
8. “The sea is as near as we come to another world.” – Anne Stevenson
9. “The sea lives in every one of us.” – Robert Wyland
10. “Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.” – Robert Henri
11. “Let the waves carry you where the light cannot” – Mohit Kaushik
12. “For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it’s always our self we find in the sea.” – E. E. Cummings
13. “The cure for anything is saltwater: sweat, tears or the sea.” – Isak Dinesen (aka Karen Blixen)
14. “That the sea is one of the most beautiful and magnificent sights in Nature, all admit.” – John Joly
15. “At sea, I learned how little a person needs, not how much.” – Robin Lee Graham
16. “And the sea will grant each man new hope, as sleep brings dreams of home.” – Larry Ferguson
17. “The sea does not link to be restrained.”- Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief
18. “The sea appears all golden. Beneath the sun-lit sky.” – Heinrich Heine
19. “But where, after all, would be the poetry of the sea were there no wild waves?” – Joshua Slocum
20. “The sea pronounces something, over and over, in a hoarse whisper; I cannot quite make it out.” – Annie Dillard
21. “The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure.” – Cornelia Funke
22. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. “The sea is an underwater museum still awaiting its visitors.” – Phillip Diole
24. “Follow the river and you will find the sea.” – French Proverb
25. “I feel we are all islands – in a common sea.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
26. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” – Jacques Yves Cousteau
27. “I wanted freedom, open-air, and adventure. I found it on the sea.” – Alain Gerbeault
28. “The sea! the sea! the open sea! The blue, the fresh, the ever free!” – Bryan W. Procter
29. “The sea is a desert of waves, a wilderness of water.” – Langston Hughes
30. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” – Christy Ann Martine
31. “We dream in colors borrowed from the sea.” – Unknown
32. “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” – Rabindranath Tagore
33. “Friends, sun, sand, and sea. That sounds like a summer to me.” – Unknown
34. “In still moments by the sea life seems large-drawn and simple. It is there we can see into ourselves.” –Rolf Edberg
35. “The sound and smell of the sea cleanses my soul.” – Unknown
36. “The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea.” – Vladimir Nabokov
37. “Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly.” – Van Morrison
38. “You can never cross the ocean until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Christopher Columbus
39. “I’m pretty sure my birthstone is a seashell.” – Unknown
40. “We got no troubles, Life is the Bubbles, Under the Sea”– The Little Mermaid, “Under the Sea”
41. “Life is like the ocean, it goes up and down.” – Vanessa Paradis
42. “The ocean is a mighty harmonist.” – William Wordsworth
43. “He always thought of the sea as ‘la mar’ which is what people call her in Spanish when they love her.” – Ernest Hemmingway, The Old Man and the Sea
Best Sea Quotes and Long Quotes about the Sea
Sometimes what you really need are some long quotes about the sea. You know, slightly more substantial sea quotes that give your reader something juicy to ponder.
So, if you or 10,000 of your closest friends need some long sea quotes in your life then this is the spot you want to be as you uncover all the best quotes about the sea.
44. “Take me to the ocean. Let me sail the open sea. To breathe the warm and salty air and dream of things to be.” – Erica Billups
45. “I believe in the ocean curing all bad moods. I believe in the waves wiping away worries. I believe in seashells bringing good luck. I believe in toes in the sand grounding my soul.” – Unknown
46. “A beach is not only a sweep of sand, but shells of sea creatures, the sea glass, the seaweed, the incongruous objects washed up by the ocean.” – Henry Grunwald
47. “Advice from the Ocean: Be shore of yourself. Come out of your shell. Take time to coast. Avoid pier pressure. Sea life’s beauty. Don’t get so tide down on work that you miss out on life’s beautiful waves.” – Unknown
48. “At night, when the sky is full of stars and the sea is still you get the wonderful sensation that you are floating in space.” – Natalie Wood
49. “To me, the sea is a continual miracle; The fishes that swim–the rocks–the motion of the waves–the ships, with men in them, What stranger miracles are there?” – Walt Whitman
50. “My soul is full of longing for the secret of the sea, and the heart of the great ocean sends a thrilling pulse through me.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
51. “Is this chicken what I have, or is this fish? I know it’s tuna, but it says ‘Chicken of the Sea’.” – Jessica Simpson (OMG Dead. One of my fave quotes about the sea EVER.)
52. “At the beach, life is different. Time doesn’t move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.” – Sandy Gingras
53. “Would you learn the secret of the sea? Only those who brave its dangers, comprehend its mystery!” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
54. “When anxious, uneasy and bad thoughts come, I go to the sea, and the sea drowns them out with its great wide sounds, cleanses me with its noise, and imposes a rhythm upon everything in me that is bewildered and confused.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
55. “To me, the sea is like a person like a child that I’ve known a long time. It sounds crazy, I know, but when I swim in the sea I talk to it. I never feel alone when I’m out there.” – Gertrude Ederle
56. “With every drop of water you drink, every breath you take, you’re connected to the sea. No matter where on Earth you live.” – Sylvia Earle
57. “She loves the serene brutality of the ocean, loves the electric power she felt with each breath of wet, briny air.” – Holly Black
58. “The sea possesses a power over one’s moods that has the effect of a will. The sea can hypnotize. Nature, in general, can do so.” – Henrik Ibsen
59. “There’s nothing wrong with enjoying looking at the surface of the ocean itself, except that when you finally see what goes on underwater, you realize that you’ve been missing the whole point of the ocean. Staying on the surface all the time is like going to the circus and staring at the outside of the tent.” – Dave Barry
60 “The calming movement of the sea along with the restless ocean breeze gently caresses me creating a soothing trance which lulls me to a place of peace.” – M. L. Borges, By The Sea
61. “The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths, it has its pearls too.” – Vincent van Gogh
62. “See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me. And no one knows, how far it goes.” – Moana, “How Far I’ll Go”
63. “Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.” – Sarah Kay
64.“It is good that we do not have to try to kill the sun or the moon or the stars. It is enough to live on the sea and kill our true brothers.” – Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea
Best Sea Quotes for Instagram and Sea Captions for Instagram
If you want the best sea quotes for Instagram and some amazing sea captions for Instagram then this is the section for you!
After all, I’ve successfully been using Instagram for YEARS and want to share all of the best quotes about the sea that I use to help increase engagement and make my Instagram account stand out from the crowd.
65. “You are the only fish in the sea for me.”
66. “Eternity begins and ends with the ocean’s tides.”
67. “The ocean is calling and I must go.”
68. “Meet me where the sky touches the sea.” – Jennifer Donnelly
69. “Sometimes in the waves of change we find our true direction.”
70. “Let the sea set you free.”
71. “A lot of people attack the sea, I make love to it.” – Jacques Cousteau
72. “High tides. Good vibes.”
73. “Individually, we are a drop. Together we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Akutagawa
74. “Darling, it’s better down where it’s wetter. Take it from me. ” – Sebastian the Crab, Little Mermaid
75. “Retirement Plan: Sell seashells by the seashore.”
76. “A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
77. “You, me and the sea.”
78. “Wild and free just like the sea.”
79. “The sea calls me.”
80. “I was a mermaid for this sea-sun.”
81. “Life is simple: just add water.”
82. “Me and the ocean: Love at first sight.”
83. “Thalassophile (n) A lover of the sea, someone who loves the sea/ocean.” – dictionary
Best Sea Puns and Funny Sea Quotes
What can I say? The seaweed is always greener in somebody else’s lake. That’s why you may need some of my best sea puns to help cheer you up!
Trust me, these funny sea quotes are sure to put a smile on your face as you continue enjoying this list of the best quotes about the sea.
84. “Happier than a sea-gull with a French fry.”
85. “Sea la vie!”
86. “The sea-weed is always greener in somebody else’s lake.”– The Little Mermaid, “Under the Sea”
87. “Shell-abrate good times.”
88. “Long time no sea.”
89. “Sea you soon!”
90. “You look fin-tastic!”
91. “I need to be sea-habilitated.”
92. “Seas the day!”
93. “If there’s a will there’s a wave.”
94. “I’m not shore.”
95. “I’m too so-fish-ticated for that.”
96. “Sea-sons greetings!”
97. “He fainted because he had a vitamin sea deficiency.”
98. “No buoys are allowed on this girls trip!”
99. “Pier-pressure should be avoided at all costs.”
100. “This view is absolutely cray-sea.”
101. “A fanta-sea world.”
102. “I’d rudder be here than there.”
103. “I like to stay current on the news.”
104. “I never get tide of reading.”
105. “Seas the moment!”
106. “We don’t sea eye to eye.”
107. “I don’t know my life’s porpoise.”
108.”It surfs him right.”
109. “You have the final sea in the matter.”
110. “Keep your sea-tbelt on at all times.”
111. “My sea-sickness comes in waves.”
112. “Can I get your sea-l of approval?”
113. “We might have to declare bank-rup-sea!”
114. “We need a consultan-sea.”
115. “This is really sea-rious.”
116. “Hand me some of that sea-rum.”
Funny Ocean Puns and Funny Ocean Quotes
Need a good laugh? Yup, you and me both since the current state of the world feels more than a little icky. That’s why I compiled this list of slightly cheesy but totally satisfying funny ocean quotes, funny sea puns, and funny oceans puns.
This way, you can yuck it up and have a good laugh even while the world around you might seem like it’s falling apart. Who knows, these excellent sea puns and ocean puns might even make your Instagram fandom swoon.
117. “When the pirate saw some construction happening on the shore, he looked towards his henchman and said, ‘something a-piers to be going on there.”
118. “How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is clearly Ocean.” – Arthur C. Clarke
119. “The ocean didn’t say anything to his wife before leaving for his work trip. He just waved to her.”
120. “A fish was really upset because his favorite restaurant delivered his order cold. When he complained to his wife, she just told him to heat it up in the micro-wave.”
121. “An ocean was really upset because he didn’t receive his dream car on his birthday. “Stop being so salty“, chastised his mother.”
122. “We should write sea-sons and greetings on every Christmas card”, the ocean suggested to his wife.
123. “I missed you so much gull-friend.”
124. “Wat-er you doing?”
125. “He didn’t want to get tide down.”
126. “First come, first surf.”
127. “What’s all the comm-ocean?”
128. “Snape made sure he had the right p-oceans.”
129. “Looks like you’re about to get a prom-ocean.”
130. Sal-mon Cowell
131. “Find him gill-ty ladies and gentlemen.”
132. “Can you be more Pacific?”
133. “A little bit of sand-to-sand combat.”
134. “He wanted to sand out from the crowd.”
135. “I was just sand-ing there quietly.”
136. “I don’t know water problem is.”
137. “What are the sea-ting arrangements?”
138. “I think we need a sea-peration.”
139. “You’re being very sea-crative.”
Best Vitamin Sea Quotes
I think we could all use a little extra vitamin sea in our lives. Don’t you? That’s why I’ve compiled this list of the best vitamin sea quotes around. This way, you can add a little vitamin sea to your life even when you’re not at the sea.
And, added bonus? They make great short and sweet sea quotes for Instagram too!
140. “All I need is a good dose of vitamin sea.”
141. “I need a little vitamin sea in my life.”
142. “Sometimes when life gets hard, try adding a little vitamin sea.”
143. “Life is better with vitamin sea.”
144. “Everyone needs a daily dose of vitamin sea.”
145. “Travel anywhere that will give you a daily dose of vitamin sea.”
146. “Vitamin Sea = happiness.”
147. “When life gives you happiness deficiency try adding Vitamin sea to your travels, believe me it always works!” — Aakash Nand
148. “Taking an extra dose of Vitamin Sea.”
149. “Vitamin Sea, please.”
150. “Life is better with Vitamin Sea.”
Other Amazing Quotes You’ll Love!
- Best Quotes about Alaska
- Best Quotes about Amsterdam
- Best Quotes about Rome
- Best Quotes about London
- Best Paris Captions for Instagram
- Best Instagram captions about New York City
- 190 Inspiring Mountain Quotes
- 200 Best Rainbow Quotes
- 140 Best Sunrise Quotes
- 120 Best Lake Quotes Ever
- Best Quotes about Waterfalls
- Best Exploration Quotes
There you have it! That just about concludes this awesome guide to 150 of the best quotes about the sea and the best sea quotes around.
Tell me, did all your favorite ocean quotes and beach quotes make the list? If not then let me know in the comments below so that I can add your favorite quotes about the ocean to this list!
And if you found this post useful, be sure to join our email list and pin this post now that you can read it again later!