Why, hello my fellow lovers of Paris and all things Instagram! Let me guess, you’re here for some of the best ever Paris captions for Instagram?
Am I right? Of course, I am! I mean, hello, The title kind of gave you away.
But that’s totally okay since seriously, who DOESN’T want more amazing Paris captions for Instagram in their life? I mean, I don’t know about you, but I want a whole boatload of quotes about Paris that will help me look and seem about 10,000 times smarter than I actually am.
I’ve also been using Instagram on a daily basis for well over four years now. So yeah, I know a thing or two about Instagram and about what type of Paris quotes actually work and get engagement on the platform.
That’s why, I’ve created this beyond extensive expert’s guide to all of the best Paris quotes for Instagram – a wealth of 120+ different sayings that include short Paris captions for Instagram, Paris puns, Paris travel quotes, Paris quotes in French, and so much more.
So, grab a fresh croissant and rock a badass French beret because we’re about to swan dive into this post about 130+ Paris captions for Instagram (while you’re here, you can also check out these nifty quotes about Rome too)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more information. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
If you’re booking a trip right now then I IMPLORE you to get travel insurance – even if it’s not from me.
After all, this past year has been a wild ride and I don’t want you to lose money because government regulations have changed.
Truth be told though, I’ve never traveled without travel insurance and don’t think you should either – especialy since I think we’ve all had plans drastically change because of the pandemic.
Therefore, find an insurance agency that covers travel changes related to COVID-19, like my two all-time faves
Short Paris Captions for Instagram
Look, I have been posting on Instagram for YEARS. Yes, years. Because I really am THAT old.
Anyway, if there’s one truth about Instagram, it’s that people (aka your followers) really do have the attention span of a fly.
Therefore, you sometimes need epic Paris captions for Instagram that are supremely short and that you can use for pics in some of the most famous cafes in Paris.
Like three words short because let’s be real for a hot minute…most people are probably not taking a solid ten minutes to read that essay of a Paris caption that you wrote.
So, go forth, use these short Paris captions for Instagram and BLOW your followers’ minds right this minute.
Okay, maybe not blow their minds but you know what I mean or you smell what I’m stepping in.
1. “You had me at Bonjour.”
2. “Paris, je t’aime.”
3. “Pardon my French.”
4. “The City of Love has my heart.”
5. “This view never gets old.”
6. “Excuse my French, but I’m in France.”
7. “Enjoying life one crêpe at a time.”
8. “This is my new happy place.”
9. “Sorry for what I said when I wasn’t eating a crêpe by the Eiffel Tower.”
10. “Here for the views and croissants.”
11. “Take me back to Paris.”
12. “Got the world at my fingertips.”
13. “Paris is calling and I must go.”
14. “Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.” — Dr. Seuss
15. “When I’m in Paris, the world is my oyster.”
16. “Paradise found.”
17. “How can you complain in a place like Paris?”
18. “Meet you at the Eiffel Tower.”
19. “Paris is a city of dreams.”
20. “A bad day in Paris is still better than a good day in anywhere else.”
21. “There is no cure for Paris.”
22. “Paris, you had me at Bonjour.”
23. “I couldn’t come to Paris without my French coat.”
24. “I see London, I see France.”
25. “Ooh La La!”
26. “This view will do.”
27. “Okay. But first, Paris.”
28. “Paris is the solution to all my problems.”
29. “Paris is a movie, I’m the main character.”
30. “You can’t go wrong with Paris.”
31. “Paris is a dream and I don’t want to wake up.”
32. “Paris… The city of lights and the city of dreams.”
33. “Always dreaming of Paris.”
34. “I can’t stop thinking of Paris.”
35. “Falling in love with Paris is inevitable.”
36. “Paris on my mind.”
37. “Oh Paris my love. What a beautiful city you are!”
38. “A one way ticket to Paris.”
39. “All roads lead to Paris.”
40. “Find someone who looks at you like I look at Paris.”
41. “I left Paris, but Paris hasn’t left me.”
Quotes About Paris
Not gonna lie, when it comes to expressing my eternal love for Paris, words sometimes escape me.
Shocking I know since I always write a lot, but totally true since I totally accept the fact that I am not (nor will I ever be) the living reincarnation of Shakespeare himself.
That’s why, when I have a total brain fart, I always turn to these amazing quotes about Paris.
They’re poignant yet short and make the perfect Paris caption to just about any photo that you may want to share on Instagram At least if the pic is actually of Paris itself.
42. “Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn
43. “We’ll always have Paris.” – Humphrey Bogart
44. “Breathe Paris in. It nourishes the soul.” – Victor Hugo
45. “When good Americans die, they go to Paris.” – Oscar Wilde
46. “The Eiffel Tower was once thought impossible to build.” – Hector Jesus Arencibia
47. “London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation.” – G.K. Chesterton
48. “I like The Eiffel Tower because it looks like steel and lace.” – Natalie Lloyd
49. “If you’re going to be sad, you might as well be sad in Paris.” – Gossip Girl
50. “It’s Paris. You don’t come here for the weather.” – Adrian Leeds
51. “If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.” – Ernest Hemingway
52. “I should go to Paris and jump off of the Eiffel Tower. If I took the Concorde, I could be in my next life three hours earlier.” – Woody Allen
53. “There is but one Paris, and however hard living may be here, and if it became worse and harder even – the French air clears up the brain and does good – a world of good.” – Vincent Van Gogh
54. “Whoever does not visit Paris regularly will never really be elegant.” – Honoré de Balzac
55. “To know Paris is to know a great deal.” – Henry Miller
56. “Secrets travel fast in Paris.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
57. “That Paris exists and anyone could choose to live anywhere else in the world will always be a mystery to me.” – Marion Cotillard, Midnight in Paris
58. “Paris is not a city; it’s a world.” – King Francis I
59. “The shopping, the food, the views! Paris is a city that entrances us all – and I’m no exception.” – Michael Kors
60. “An artist has no home in Europe except in Paris.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
61. “Though I often looked for one, I finally had to admit that there could be no cure for Paris.” – Paula McLain
62. “He who contemplates the depths of Paris is seized with vertigo. Nothing is more fantastic. Nothing is more tragic. Nothing is more sublime.” – Victor Hugo
63. “Just add three letters to Paris, and you have paradise.” – Jules Renard
64. “There are only two places in the world where we can live happy: at home and in Paris.” – Ernest Hemingway
65 “A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life.” – Thomas Jefferson
66. “If “Sex and the City” taught us anything, it’s that Paris is the only city in the world that New Yorkers actually fantasize about.” – Elizabeth Bard
67. “America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.” – Gertrude Stein
68. “Paris is the only city in the world where starving to death is still considered an art.” – Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Shadow of the Wind
69. “She wanted to die, but she also wanted to live in Paris.” – Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary
70. “Cities have gender: London is a man, Paris is a woman, and New York City a well-adjusted transsexual.” – Angela Carter
72. “London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation.” – Gilbert Keith Chesterton (PSST…you can also find this super-nifty quote in this awesome list of the best quotes about London ever!)
73. “In Paris, they just simply opened their eyes and stared when we spoke to them in French! We never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own language.” – Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad
74. “I’m not a complicated girl; she laughed, I just want to run away with you, rob a bank, fall in love and eat ice creams in Paris.” – Michael Faudet
75. “London is satisfied, Paris is resigned, but New York is always hopeful. Always it believes that something good is about to come off, and it must hurry to meet it.” – Dorothy Parker (another amazing quote that can be found in this list of Instagram captions for New York.)
76. “Oh, London is a man’s town, there’s power in the air. And Paris is a woman’s town, with flowers in her hair; And it’s sweet to dream in Venice, and it’s great to study Rome; But when it comes to living, there is no place like home.” – Henry Van Dyke
77. “Paris is like a whore. From a distance she seems ravishing, you can’t wait until you have her in your arms. And five minutes later you feel empty, disgusted with yourself. You feel tricked.” – Henry Miller
78. “I had forgotten how gently time passes in Paris. As lively as the city is, there’s a stillness to it, a peace that lures you in. In Paris, with a glass of wine in your hand, you can just be.” – Kristin Hannah, The Nightingale
79. “To study in Paris is to be born in Paris!” – Victor Hugo, Les Misérables
80. “Paris was a universe whole and entire unto herself, hollowed and fashioned by history; so she seemed in this age of Napoleon III with her towering buildings, her massive cathedrals, her grand boulevards, and ancient winding medieval streets–as vast and indestructible as nature itself.
All was embraced by her, by her volatile and enchanted populace thronging the galleries, the theaters, the cafes, giving birth over and over to genius and sanctity, philosophy and war, frivolity and the finest art; so it seemed that if all the world outside her were to sink into darkness, what was fine, what was beautiful, what was essential might there still come to its finest flower.
Even the majestic trees that graced and sheltered her streets were attuned to her–and the waters of the Seine, contained and beautiful as they wound through her heart; so that the earth on that spot, so shaped by blood and consciousness, had ceased to be the earth and had become Paris.” – Anne Rice, Interview with the Vampire
81. “People wonder why so many writers come to live in Paris. I’ve been living ten years in Paris, and the answer seems simple to me: because it’s the best place to pick ideas. Just like Italy, Spain.. or Iran are the best places to pick saffron. If you want to pick opium poppies, you go to Burma or South-East Asia. And if you want to pick novel ideas, you go to Paris.” – Roman Payne, Crepuscule
82. “Paris, I believe, is a man in his twenties in love with an older woman.” – John Berger
83. “It took me some years to clear my head of what Paris wanted me to admire about it, and to notice what I preferred instead. Not power-ridden monuments, but individual buildings which tell a quieter story: the artist’s studio, or the Belle Epoque house built by a forgotten financier for a just-remembered courtesan.” – Julian Barnes
84. “…the whole of Paris is a vast university of Art, Literature and Music…it is worth anyone’s while to dally here for years. Paris is a seminar, a post-graduate course in Everything.” – James Thurber
85. “Paris seems like a big city, but it’s really just a small town.” – Camille, Emily in Paris
86. “What an immense impression Paris made upon me. It is the most extraordinary place in the world!”- Charles Dickens
87. “ I can never decide whether Paris is more beautiful by day or by night.” –Midnight in Paris
88. “The last time I saw Paris, her heart was warm and gay, I heard the laughter of her heart in every street café.” – Oscar Hammerstein II
89. “The chief danger about Paris is that it is such a strong stimulant.” – T.S. Eliot
90. “Paris is a hard place to leave, even when it rains incessantly and one coughs continually from the dampness.” – Willa Cather
91. “To err is human. To loaf is Parisian.” – Victor Hugo
Paris Quotes in French
Spoiler alert…I do not speak French. Like, not even a little bit. Which is why I definitely needed help from my good friend Google translate to figure out the English equivalent for all of these amazing Paris quotes in French.
This way, when you’re trying to jazz up your already awesome Paris captions for Instagram, you can look super chic and international and like you actually know how to speak fluent French.
At least until one of your followers gets overly excited and starts to chat you up in French.
Not to worry though, your secret’s safe with me.
92. “Le coup de foudre – love at first sight.”
93. “Le seul vrai langage au monde est un baiser – The only true language in the world is a kiss.”
94. “Paris c’est pas la France, c’est Paris’ – Paris is not France, it is Paris.”
95. “Tout commence à Paris – Everything begins in Paris.” – Nancy Spain
96. “Paris n’est pas une ville, c’est un pays – Paris is not a city, it’s a country.” – François 1er
97. “Paris est une fête – Paris is a moveable feast.” – Ernest Hemingway
98. “Ajoutez deux lettres à Paris, et c’est le paradis – add two letters to Paris and it’s paradise.” – Jules Renard
99. “Respirer Paris, cela conserve l’âme – Breath in Paris, it saves the soul.” – Victor Hugo
100. “Paris outragée, Paris libérée, Paris martyrisés, mais Paris libérée – Paris outraged! Paris broken! Paris martyred! But Paris liberated!” – Charles de Gaulle
Paris Travel Quotes
Have your Paris packing list handy and ready to hop on the nearest 747 so that you can live it up in the city of light? If so then these are the perfect quotes about Paris for you!
Because these Paris Instagram captions have been expertly curated with the avid traveler in mind. They’re little nuggets of literary delght that will help you at least somewhat perfectly express your undying love for all things Paris.
101. “Let’s take a picture, it will last longer.”
102. “Looking forward to the memories of right now.”
103. “Up, up, and away into the clouds we go.”
104. “In a committed relationship with my passport.”
105. “Catching feels for this beautiful place.”
106. “Brb, catching a flight to Paris.”
Anyone who reads my blog even a little bit knows that I love me a good pun. And Paris puns are no exception. Because when it comes to puns, I fervently declare, the lamer the better!
So, if you too have a fondness for puns of every variety, and Paris puns specifically, then check out this list of puns and Paris captions for Instagram.
I mean, I’m sorry but I NEEDED to create this list so that I could share my undying LOUVRE of Paris! Get it? It’s a pun because I replaced love with Louvre, which is in Paris (You can also learn more about the Louvre in this 4 days Paris itinerary!)
Okay, yeah, you probably already got all that. So, let’s quickly move on!
107. “We’re like Gargoyle and Vinegar.”
108. “Eiffel in love with this city at first sight.”
109. “Paris, I Louvre you.”
110. “Eiffel hard for this city.”
111. “I hope our paths will croissant again.”
112. “Holy crêpe this was amazing.”
113. “I visited the Louvre, but I didn’t like it – Mona Lisa was framed.”
114. “I heard DaVinci and Michelangelo got into an argument, but it ended with a draw.”
115. “PARadISe found.”
116. “I’ve found Paris-dise.”
117. “Oui just love Paris!”
118. “I think Eiffel into Paris-dise.”
119. “Eiffel in love with this city at first sight.”
120. “In Paris, Eiffel in love.”
121. “I came to Paris to find Louvre.”
122. “Paris, I Louvre you.”
123. “What’s not to Louvre about Paris?”
124. “Paris is the City of Louvre.”
125. “Just looking for a Seine.”
126. “I Musee, the French have great taste in art.”
127. “In-Seine-ly beautiful sights.”
128. “Going in Seine over this city!”
129. “What a Seine-sational city!”
130. “Paris is a very France-y city.”
131. “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a Notre Dame.”
132. “I’m having a beret good time in Paris.”
133. “In Paris, I Rue the day.”
134. “Do you love Paris? I Pompidou.”
135. “Hey, Macaroon-a!”
136. “How could I baguette about Paris?”
137. “The food in Paris is Brie-ond belief!”
138. “Paris, I hope our paths will croissant again.”
139. “Living life au chocolate.”
140. “Sometimes the French give me the crêpes.”
141. “Enjoying life one crêpe at a time.”
142. “Holy crêpe this was amazing.”
143. “When in Paris, we only have breakfast of the Champignons.”
144. “Breakfast of Champs-Élysées.”
145. “Don’t jump into the water unless you want people to think you’re in Seine.”
146. “I fell for the Eiffel Tower.”
Two Word Captions on Paris
147. “Beautiful Paris.”
148. “Unforgettable Paris.”
149. “Paris life”
150. “City life.”
151. “Je t’aime”
Additional Instagram Captions You’ll Love
- Best Travel Captions for Instagram
- Best Quotes about London for Instagram
- Best Las Vegas Captions for Instagram
- Best London Captions for Instagram