Because of the pandemic of doom, I’ve spent the last year (plus) living by Lake Champlain in upstate New York. So, to say that I’ve needed some of these best lake quotes for Instagram in my life, and some of the best sunshine captions for Instagram too, is basically the understatement of the century.
Yeah, I’ve basically taken more scenic lakeside photos than I can count which is why I’ve been scouring the internet for some of the all time best lake captions for Instagram.
I mean sure, I generally like to create my own lake captions or try to come up with some stellar lake quotes of my own. But, honestly, after dozens of photos, my mind gets a little stuck and I end up saying the same thing over and over again – which is more than a little boring and not really all that inspiring.
So, if you feel like I do then take a look at this expertly curated selection of the best lake quotes for Instagram. After all, I’ve been posting on Instagram for over six years now and know exactly what lake quotes will and will NOT inspire your followers.
Therefore, if you’re looking to step up your Instagram game with some exquisite lake captions for Instagram then give this post a read.
Heck, even if you don’t use Instagram this post is still for you since many of these lake quotes and lake captions are super inspiring to read and will deffo put a smile on your face (insert smiley face emoji here).
Dear wonderful, beautiful, and oh-so-amazing reader (Yup, I lay it on thick for my dozens of fans). Since I am incapable of making it rain money, there’s a high probability (like 99.999%) that this post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more information. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Best Lake Quotes for Instagram
Who rocks the house? These best lake quotes for Instagram rock the house, that’s who. Which is why, DUH, I put them at the very top of this list of the best lake quotes for Instagram.
So, if you’re looking to jazz up some of your supremely awesome lakeside photos then stop right and check out these epic lake quotes.
After all, they’ll make your followers stop and think long enough to actually comment on your latest and greatest Instagram post of awesome.
1. “The lake: Life slows down. Friends stay longer.”
2. “The lake is calling. I must go.”
3. “Live. Love. Lake.”
4. “Memories made at the lake last forever.”
5. “The lake is good for the soul.”
6. “I’m gonna soak up the sun.” – Sheryl Crow
7. “All you need is love. And the lake…”
8. “Take me to the lake.”
9. “Life’s a beach, enjoy the waves.”
10. “Better to wake at the lake.”
11. “Lake hair, don’t care.”
12. “There’s nothing quite like life by the water.”
13. “At the lake, every hour is happy hour.”
14. “When we count our blessings, we count days at the lake.”
15. “A clean cabin is a sign of wasted time at the lake.”
16. “Lake rules: Sleep in. Read. Nature. Memories. Relax. Fish. Enjoy each moment.”
17. “All you need is love and the lake.”
18. “I love to wake at the lake.”
19. “Another day, another dip.”
Best Lake Captions for Instagram
Who wants to see some of the best lake captions for Instagram? Umm, obviously you do my friend!
After all, why on Earth would you reading a post all about some of the best lake quotes for Instagram if you didn’t want lake captions for Instagram?
Good, glad we agree on the slightly less important things in life. So, as you might expect, these top lake captions for Instagram are short and sweet and pack a whole of meaning into a minimal number of words.
So, check out these lake captions for Instagram now and let me know what you think!
20. “Memories made at the lake last a lifetime.”
21. “I left my heart at the lake.”
22. “Heaven is a little closer in a home by the lake.”
23. “Sunshine and lake water is all I need.”
24. “Nothing like sunsets, especially when on the lake.”
25. “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.”
26. “Good times and tan lines.”
27. “Lake time is my favorite time.”
28. “Life is at ease with a lake breeze.”
29. “I’m on lake time.”
30. “The lake is my happy place.”
31. “Go jump in the lake.”
32. “Lake life is the life for me.”
33. “It’s lake o’clock every day.”
34. “I’m on lake time.”
35. “Floating along lakeside.”
36. “Lake therapy is the best therapy.”
37. “Lake side is the best side.”
38. “Row… Row… Row your boat.”
39. “Paddle perfect.”
40. “Lake mode on: Don’t call me!”
41. “Lakes heal my mind and soul.”
42. “There’s no vacation like a lake vacation.”
43. “I ain’t fine till it’s lake time.”
44. “I lake you.”
Best Inspiring Lake Quotes for Instagram
You know, some days I feel stuck and just need a little inspiration. And there is no better inspiration in the world that the beauty that you’ll find by the side of a lake.
And luckily for you, some infinitely smarter and more well-written people than me have created these inspiring lake quotes for Instagram.
I just searched through the depths of the internet and put together this list of the best lake quotes for Instagram. This way, you can quickly and easily find all of the most perfect lake captions for Instagram.
45. “Sometimes in the waves of change, We find our true direction.”
46. “Not every lake dreams to be an ocean. Blessed are the ones who are happy with whom they are.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
47. “When the mind is silent like a lake the lotus blossoms.” – Amit Ray
48. “Let nature be your teacher” – William Wordsworth
49. “An ocean which thinks there is nothing to learn from a lake is not a wise ocean!” – Mehmet Murat idlan
50. “The tans will fade, but the memories will last forever.”
51. “If the lake sees the ocean, it will want big waves! If the ocean sees the lake, it will want calm days that lasts for years!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
52. “Even a pebble cast in the middle of a lake creates ripples that eventually reach the shore.” – Jeffrey G. Duarte
53. “There’s only one way to tackle life, enjoy a day at the beach, and jump into a Great Lake: Headfirst!” – Viola Shipman
54. “If there are ripples on the surface of a lake, we cannot see the depth. Similarly unless the mind is restful, we cannot experience the harmony and union within us.” – Sri Ravi Shankar
55. “Be calm like a calm lake, then you will look beautiful like a beautiful calm lake!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
56. “The still waters of a lake reflect the beauty around it. When the mind is still, the beauty of the Self is seen reflected in it.” – B.K.S Iyengar
57. “A lake carries you into recesses of feeling otherwise impenetrable.” – William Wordsworth
58. “Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water. It will make ripples throughout the entire pond.” – Bryan Matteo
59. “Forests, lakes, and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes – every form of animate or inanimate existence, leaves its impress upon the soul of man.” – Orison Swett Marden
60. “A little tranquil lake is more significant to my life than any big city in the world” – Munia Khan
61. “Just find your way, like a river settling into its bed, and the sigh of the wind over a lake, light but restful… content with the joy in the arc of an arm throwing a ball for a dog to fetch” – Jay Woodman
62. “Mindfulness arises when you allow your attention to fall effortlessly on the breathing point like an autumn leaf falling on a lake of still water” – Amit Ray
63. “We cannot see our reflection in running water. It is only in still water that we can see.”
64. “When a stone is dropped into a pond, the water continues quivering even after the stone has sunk to the bottom.” – Arthur Golden
65. “A few days ago I walked along the edge of the lake and was treated to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I made. The acoustics of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed, are as crisp as autumn air.” – Eric Sloane
66. “I’m an old-fashioned guy… I want to be an old man with a beer belly sitting on a porch, looking at a lake or something”. – Johnny Depp
67. “A normal lake is knowable. A Great Lake can hold all the mysteries of an ocean, and then some”. – Dan Egan
68. “Looking out over the lake, I felt enveloped in the most peaceful, loving utopia.” – Laurie Kahn
69. “The wilderness holds answers to questions we have not yet learned to ask.” -Alan S. Kesselheim
70. “The lake of my mind, unbroken by oars, heaves placidly and soon sinks into an oily somnolence.’ That will be useful.” – Virginia Woolf
71. “When you’re young you think that you’re going to sail into a lovely lake of quietude and peace. This is profoundly untrue.” – Doris Lessing
Best Lake Quotes and Best Quotes about Lakes
Okay, even though all of these lake quotes are fantastic, some are definitely better than others. So, here are my picks for the best lake quotes of them all.
Yeah, I love to use these best lake quotes for Instagram to caption my photos and increase engagement on any social media platform where I share pictures on the reg.
After all, a girl can only come up with so many lake captions for Instagram at any given time.
72. “So lovely was the loneliness of a wild lake.” – Edgar Allan Poe
73. “Make your heart like a lake with a calm, still surface and great depths of kindness.” – Lao Tzu
74. “My recollection of a hundred lovely lakes has given me blessed release from care and worry and the troubled thinking of our modern day. It has been a return to the primitive and the peaceful.” – Hamlin Garland
75. “Water is the driving force of all nature.” – Leonardo da Vinci
76. “Every lake belongs to the quietness desired by the swans.” – Munia Khan
77. “Perhaps the truth depends on a walk around the lake.” – Wallace Stevens
78. “Earth and Sky, Woods and Fields, Lakes and Rivers, the Mountain and the Sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.” – John Lubbock
79. “Grace is like a lake of drinkable water right outside your door. But you stay inside and die of thirst.” – Maya Angelou
80. “Many drops make a bucket, many buckets make a pond, many ponds make a lake, and many lakes make an ocean.” – Percy Ross
81. “In the hearts captivated by innocence, the eternal peace of a quiet lake is experienced!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
82. “I believe that water is the closest thing to a god we have here on Earth.“ – Alex Z. Moores
83. “There is something more beautiful than a beautiful thing and that is a beautiful thing which has a beautiful reflection on the water.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
Best Lake Life Quotes
The glorious lake life is the life for me! So, if you feel even a little bit like I do then check out these best lake quotes for Instagram right now!
After all, these most excellent lake life quotes accurately reflect the quiet calm and sense of serenity that life by the lake gives you all day, everyday.
84. “There’s no place like home except the lake.”
85. “Time wasted at the lake is time well spent.”
86. “It is life, I think, to watch the water. A man can learn so many things.” – Nicholas Sparks
89. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
90. “Who could be so lucky? Who comes to a lake for water and sees the reflection of moon.” – Rumi
91. “Skip a stone. Take a hike. Sit a spell. Listen. Daydream. Just breathe. This is lake living.”
92. “If you’re lucky enough to live at the lake, you’re lucky enough.”
93. “I grew up with the smell of the lake and the feeling of the woods.” – Steven Tyler
Best Frozen Lake Quotes for Instagram
Not gonna lie, frozen lakes just aren’t my thing. Yeah, I’m not into the whole “feeling like you’re going to freeze to death while sitting on a frozen block of ice” kind of thing.
And honestly, skating on a frozen lake makes me more than a little nervous. However, there’s no denying that frozen lakes are next level beautiful.
Therefore, if you need to caption a photo with one of the best frozen lake quotes for Instagram, then these lake quotes will be ideal for you!
94. “I’ve always liked the feeling of traveling light; there is something in me that wants to feel I could leave wherever I am, at any time, without any effort. The idea of being weighed down made me uneasy, as if I lived on the surface of a frozen lake and each new trapping of domestic life – a pot, a chair, a lamp – threatened to be the thing that sent me through the ice.” — Nicole Krauss
95. “Some people look like frozen lakes; break the ice, there you will see a lively world!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
96. “I studied his eyes. They were nearly a color today, a frozen lake reflecting a clear blue…” – Cara McKenna
97. “The barriers between reality and fiction are softer than we think; a bit like a frozen lake. Hundreds of people can walk across it, but then one evening a thin spot develops and someone falls through; the hole is frozen over by the following morning.” — Jasper Fforde
98. “Man without dreams is a boat in a frozen lake!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
99. “Then there was silence, the air like ice. Brittle-looking birch trees with black marks on their white bark, and some kind of small untidy evergreens rolled up like sleepy bears. The frozen lake not level but mounded along the shore, as if the waves had turned to ice in the act of falling.” – Alice Munro
100. “A man without courage is a boat in a frozen lake! Get rid of your fears!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
101. “Making a decision to write was a lot like deciding to jump into a frozen lake.” – Maya Angelou
102. “Apart from the obvious advantages of having ice to melt, filter, then drink, you can also break apart the water’s hydrogen from its oxygen. Use the hydrogen and some of the oxygen as active ingredients in rocket fuel and keep the rest of the oxygen for breathing. And in your spare time between space missions, you can always go ice skating on the frozen lake created with the extracted water.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Best Lake Sayings
Ain’t no saying like a lake saying! So, if you’re in search of common lake sayings and lake captions that you can use in your latest and greatest Instagram post then give this section a little peak.
After all, there may not be a lot of lake sayings here but they sure are powerful.
103. “The little lake you love is the biggest ocean for you!”
104. “And I say also this. I do not think the forest would be so bright, nor the water so warm, nor love so sweet, if there were no danger in the lakes.” – C. S. Lewis
105. “Of all the paths you take in life make some lead to the lake.”
106. “The lake and the mountains have become my landscape, my real world.” – Georges Simenon
Best Lake Scenery Quotes
Ain’t no scenery like lake side scenery! And that’s why I adore these lake scenery quotes. Somehow, they seem to perfectly capture the awe-inspiring beauty of the lake in ways that I never could.
So, if you’re in need of lake quotes and lake captions for Instagram that accurately reflect the beauty of the lake then look no further than these lake quotes right here.
107. “A lake is a landscape’s most beautiful and expressive feature. It is Earth’s eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature.” – Henry David Thoreau
108. “A lake so vibrant in color that it looks like a fine art painting.” ― Stefanie Payne
109. “If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.” – Loren Eiseley
110. “When a lake’s doubt is shown as ripples, sunshine rays are flown to the hills.” – Ankush Agarwal
111. “The lake and the mountains have become my landscape, my real world.” – Georges Simenon
112. “This lake exceeds anything I ever beheld in beauty.” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
113. “Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams – they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do – they all contain truths.” – Muhammad Ali
114. “The sky loves lakes rather than oceans because it finds the opportunity to watch itself in the crystal clear mirrors of the lakes!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
115. “Find a calm lake and wait for the twilight in silence! There, existence will visit you with all its magnificence! The existence of the Existence can best be felt in the presence of dimness and in the absence of crowds and noises!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
116. “The lake water was reinventing the forest and the white moon above it, and wolves lapped up the cold reflection of the sky.” – Karen Russell
117. “Perhaps the truth depends on a walk around the lake.”
118. “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.”
119. “There is something more beautiful than a beautiful thing and that is a beautiful thing which has a beautiful reflection on the water.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
120. “Water creates so much beauty, life and mystery.” – Fennel Hudson
Best Summer Lake Quotations
Ready for summer by the lake? Umm, hi, who isn’t? After all, summer is probably my fave time by the lake. So, if you love summer by the lake like I do, then you’ll love these summer lake quotations.
After all, some of the best lake quotes for Instagram and some of the best lake captions for Instagram are ones that talk all about the beauty of summer on the lake.
121. “I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this.” – Susan Branch
122. “Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains…” – Diane Ackerman
123. “There’s only one way to tackle life, enjoy a day at the beach, and jump into a Great Lake: Headfirst!” – Viola Shipman
124. “We didn’t realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.” – Winnie The Pooh
Funny Lake Quotes and Quotes about Lakes
I dunno about you but nothing makes me smile more than a good laugh. So, if you want to share the gift of laughter with your friends and followers, then this selection of funny lake quotes and funny quotes about lakes will be perfect for you!
125. “I don’t need therapy, I just need my boat.”
126. “Just keep paddling!”
127. “You float my boat.”
128. “Going to the lake. Bear with me.”
129. “Life is better on a boat.”
130. “Keeping it reel at the lake.”
131. “What happens at the lake stays at the lake.”
132. “I’m lost at the lake. Don’t bother me.”
133. “Beer tastes better at the lake.”
134. “I’m a lakeaholic.”
135. “It’s lake o’clock somewhere.”
136. “Know when to give up and just go to the lake.”
137. “Yes, I’m throwing shade”
138. “On a quiet night at the lake, you can almost hear the fish laughing.”
139. “This is my resting beach face.”
140. “Life is simple, Add some water.”
141. “Happiness comes in waves.”
142. “It’s campfire time. Let’s get lit.”
143. “Sitting by the lake and keeping it reel.”
144. “Of all the fish in the lake, you were mer-maid for me.”
145. “The lake has me hooked.”
146. “What happens at the lake stays at the lake.”
147. “I like big boats and I cannot lie.”
148 “Home is where the waves are.”
149. “Lake life is reel life.”
150. “Keep it reel.”
Additional Posts About Quotes You’ll Love
- 140+ Amazing Quotes about Sunrise
- 200+ Amazing Rainbow Quotes
- 190 Inspiring Mountain Quotes for You!
- 150 Amazing Quotes about the Sea!
- 120+ Fantastic Quotes about Alaska!
- Best Waterfall Quotes
- Best Quotes about Greece
- Best Travel Captions for Instagram
- Best Whats App Status Captions