Looking for Alaska quotes and ready to get inspired to travel to Alaska with some next-level amazing quotes about Alaska? After all, this great state is home to one of the last great, untouched wilderness areas in the USA.
Therefore, it should come as zero surprise that there are tons of awe-inspiring Alaska quotes that are just waiting to be enjoyed. So, if you went to experience all that this Last Frontier has to offer then this list of quotes about Alaska and Alaska Instagram captions for Instagram will be perfect for you!
After all, I’m a born and bred American who loves Alaska with her whole heart and has used many of these quotes about Alaska to express her undying love for this great state of awesome.
So, if you’re looking for Alaska quotes then this is the post for you since I’m about to share my favorite 120+ Alaska quotes that are perfect for Instagram.
Therefore, without further adieu, here is my super comprehensive guide to some of the most beautiful quotes about Alaska.
Nicknames for Alaska
You’ll be delighted to know that Alaska has a couple of different nicknames. And those Alaska nicknames and Alaska sayings are:
1. The Last Frontier
2. Land of the Midnight Sun
3. The Great Land
4. Seward’s Folly
5. Seward’s Ice Box
Funny Alaska Sayings
There are some famous and funny Alaska sayings and here are my favorites, Because most of these are really short quotes about Alaska, you could definitely use them in your Alaska captions for Instagram.
6. “North to the Future” – State Motto
7. “Alaska: Great Land”
8. “Find Your Alaska”
9. “See our Polar Bears, they’re going fast!”
10. “Beyond Your Dreams, Within Your Reach.”
11. “11,623 Eskimos Can’t be Wrong!”
12. “Chill out in Alaska”
13. “Kiss me I’m from Alaska”
14. “Alaska Juneau The Last Frontier”
15. “I can see Russia from my house.” (my personal fave quote about Alaska)
16. “Size DOES matter.”
17. “Don’t care who you are, you can’t sell us ice.”
18. “I go to seek a Great Perhaps.”
19. “Alaska itself is an unusual state.”
20. “Surf the Glacier.”
21. “A snow machine in every garage!”
22. “I Froze My Nuts off in Alaska.”
23. “I am working for Alaska’s best interests.”
24. “Alaska: Come Freeze Your Butt Off!”
25. “Alaska: Take a chill pill.”
26. “Alaska: Yeah, But It’s a Dry Cold.”
27. “Alaska: 2.3X the size of Texas.”
28. “Alaska: Jeez, it’s Cold.”
29. “Alaska: Share the Wonder.”
30. “If you don’t fit in anywhere else, you’re welcome here.”
31. “Alaska: Masturbation Capital of the World.”
32. “There’s nothing cooler than an icebox.”
33. “Now we can see Russia from our front porch!”
34. “You’ll be all alone when you die in the Snow.”
35. “The land of glaciers, wilderness, wildlife.”
36. “For nature’s beauty and the bizarre!”
37. “Come to Alaska and club a seal on your winter safari.”
38. “Where everybody knows everybody else.”
Best Quotes about Alaska
Here’s a list of some of my all-time fave quotes about Alaska. Feel free to use this in any of your Alaska Instagram captions to help jazz things up a bit and increase engagement. Because if you’re looking for Alaska Quotes then this is the post for you!
After all, this section has a John Muir Alaska quote or two and is brimming over with some great quotes about wilderness too!
39. “With the most powerful binoculars, I cannot see Alaska.” – Mikheil Saakashvili
40. “John Muir, the famous naturalist, wrote in his journal that you should never go to Alaska as a young man because you’ll never be satisfied with any other place as long as you live. And there’s a lot of truth to that.” – Tom Bodett
41. “What I miss most about Alaska is the fishing.” – unknown
42. “You can’t just make yourself matter and then die, Alaska, because now I am irretrievably different.” – John Green
43. “I went to Alaska as a young man just looking for adventure. And like so many of us in the ’70s, we found it.” – Tom Bodett
44. “Alaska isn’t about who you were when you headed this way. It’s about who you become.” – Kristin Hannah
45. “Alaska was the cure to the disease of my despair.” – Summer Lane
46. “Alaska has long been a magnet for dreamers and misfits, people who think the unsullied enormity of the Last Frontier will patch all the holes in their lives. The bush is an unforgiving place, however, that care nothing for hope or longing.” – Jon Krakauer
47. “There’s a land—oh, it beckons and beckons, and I want to go back—and I will.” – Robert W. Service
48. “But at the time, I just saw Alaska up there. And it was big, just like I wanted to be.” – John Green
49. “To the lover of wilderness, Alaska is one of the most wonderful countries in the world.” – John Muir (great John Muir Alaska quote)
50. “Despite everything, every piece of Alaska sang to me. I remembered every curve in the trails, every tree in the forest. It was familiar to me, comfortable. The more I thought about leaving it, the less I liked the idea. This was my home.” – Summer Lane
51. “Like any traveler, I’m always looking for those experiences that are almost unique to any place, and watching films around Alaska of the skies in winter made me want to taste those unworldly showers of light in person.” – Pico Iyer
52 “Each evening the night swallowed the sun and gave the raven the sun’s energy. He stored this power in his wings, tinged with the blue of Alaskan skies.” –Suzy Davies
53. “It’s from an Aleut word, Alyeska. It means ‘that which the sea breaks against,’ and I love that.” – John Green
54. “Alaska is what happens when Willy Wonka and the witch from Hansel and Gretel elope, buy a place together upstate, renounce their sweet teeth, and turn into health fanatics.” – Sloane Crosley
55. “When I was 23, I went to Alaska by myself into the glaciers of the coast range and climbed a mountain by myself. It was incredibly reckless, incredibly stupid. But I was lucky. And I survived, and I came back to tell my story.” – Jon Krakauer
56. “For sheer majestic geography and sublime scale, nothing beats Alaska and the Yukon. For culture, Japan. And for all-around affection, Australia.” – Sam Abell
57. “Alaska itself is an unusual state.” – Fareed Zakaria
58. “Yeah. If I were your age, startin’ fresh… Alaska. It’s the last frontier. Up there, you can be anything you want.” –El Camino
59. “The mountains are calling, and I must go. ” – John Muir (another great John Muir Alaska quote)
60. “Two kinds of flocks come up to Alaska, Cora. People running to something and people running away from something. The second kind-you want to keep your eye out for them.” – Kristin Hannah
61. “Just try to be healthy and enjoy Alaska. That’s the best thing.” – Keith Morris
62. “Kids in Alaska don’t know they’re growing up on the Last Frontier. It’s just what they see on the license plates, and it’s something tourists like to say a lot because they’ve never been around so many mountains and moose before.” – Tom Bodett
63. “The simple fact is this: when you go to Alaska, you get your ass kicked.” – Mark Twight
64. “It was a cold, bleak December morning in Alaska, a place so far north on planet Earth that if there were such things as popsicle people, they could live there quite comfortably.” – Dew Pellucid
65. “We grew up in Alaska and will rep The North Face all day long.” – John Gourley
66. “He should buy that dame a one-way ticket to Alaska.” – The Strip
67. “It’s not like Alaska isn’t wilderness – it mostly is. But most Alaskans don’t live in the wild. They live on the edge of the wild in towns with schools and cable TV and stores and dentists and roller rinks sometimes. It’s just like anyplace else, only with mountains and moose.” – Tom Bodett
68. “I don’t understand why you’re so obsessed with figuring out everything that happens here like we have to unravel every mystery.” – John Green
69. “I think we should drill up in Alaska.” – Joe Barton
Best Alaska Puns
Looking for some witty, totally awesome puns about Alaska? If so then this expertly curated selection of Alaska puns is sure to Northern Light your fire. After all, who doesn’t love funny Alaska sayings that really have a way with words?
So, if you’re looking for Alaska quotes that will make you giggle then these Alaska puns will be right up your alley.
70. Most Alaskans don’t keep their money in greedy banks, they keep it in Fairbanks.
71. There’s no place like Nome.
72. Always use Port Protection.
73. Did Juneau that Alaska has its own capital?
74. Lots of women wish they could say Iditarod.
75. Alaska weighs a Tundra.
76. We had a heli good time in Alaska.
77. Let’s play a game of Ketchican.
78. This place is Totem-ly awesome
79. May the North be with you.
80. We’ll be burning up like Northern Lights
81. I spilled something on my shirt. Do you have a Tidewater Stick?
82. Come on baby, Northern Lights my fire.
83. You simply moose visit Alaska!
84. If the Ninja Turtles moved to Alaska, they’d live in Seward.
85. A trip to Alaska is very a-moose-ing.
86. It’s never a moose-take to come to Alaska.
87. Anchorage Aweigh
88. A visit to Alaska is a Homer run.
89. I always feel Whittier in Alaska.
90. I don’t know but Alaska.
Funny Quotes about Alaska
Sometimes you need a good laugh. And these funny quotes about Alaska will help you do just that. So, get ready for some of the best funny quotes about Alaska.
That’s why, if you’re looking for Alaska quotes that will give you the best laugh that you’ve had in a while then this is the section for you!
91. “A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I’m not one though who would attribute it to being man-made.” – Sarah Palin
92. “We have a great life here in Alaska, and we’re never going back to America again!” – Simpsons
93. “Does my Alaska look fat in this map?” – Mame McCutchin
94. “Alaska herself can be Sleeping Beauty one minute and a b**** with a sawed-off shotgun the next.” – Kristin Hannah
95. “The Bermuda Triangle got tired of warm weather. It moved to Alaska. Now Santa Claus is missing.” – Steven Wright
96. “But three cheers for Alaska, they’ve got 24-hour hot f***ing bear delivery.” – Mykle Hansen
97. “Well, how about Alaska? That’s a state.” – Sanford and Son
98. “Relegating grizzlies to Alaska is about like relegating happiness to heaven; one may never get there.” – Aldo Leopold
99. “Welcome to Alaska. Here’s a thousand dollars.” –The Simpsons
100. “Oooh, if you have never been to Alaska, go there while it is still wild. My favorite uncle asked me if I wanted to go there, Uncle Sam. He said if you don’t go, you’re going to jail. That is how Uncle Sam asks you.” – Bob Ross
101. “What the hell’s a baked Alaska?” – Stumptown
102. “Alaska is our biggest, buggiest, boggiest state.” – Edward Abbey
103. “Note to self: Nuke Alaska.” – Mykle Hansen
104. “How about Alaska? We could move to Alaska. I bet they’re not as serious about their football in Alaska.” – Friday Night Lights
105. “Alaska’s like two thousand miles away from anywhere cultured. No offense, Canada.” –Meagan Macvie
106. “I’m going to Alaska. Moose Blood. Crazy stuff! Blows your head off.” – Bee Movie
107. “No take-backs! We bought this land fair and square for 2 cents an acre! #bestdealever” – Unknown
108. “Alaska itself is an unusual state.” – Fareed Zakaria
109. “Historically, Alaska is a place that has attracted those fed up with conventionality.” – Bill O’Reilly
110. “The original settlers of Alaska apparently were Russian.” – Jeff Goldblum
111. “I missed that question on Alaska. I hear they want to make it a state now.” – Anson Williams
Travel Quotes about Alaska
Really want to kick start your wanderlust? Then check out these hella epic Alaska travel quotes After all, there are tons of Anchorage quotes and quotes about wilderness too.
112.. “In terms of wilderness preservation, Alaska is the last frontier. This time, given one great final chance, let us strive to do it right. Not in our generation, nor ever again, will we have a land and wildlife opportunity approaching the scope and importance of this one.” – Mo Udall
113. “The tall cityscape that was Anchorage encroached on the wide skies. It was like a giant walking and uninhabited, unclaimed land.” –Suzy Davies (one of many great Anchorage quotes)
114. “The light in Alaska, in particular, is so beautiful. So beautiful! Such incredible light.” – Sebastiao Salgado
115. “The key to happiness, she said, is tolerance of those who do not do as you do.’ `What if those who do not do as you do are g**ning you down?’ I said…. Alaska frowned. `G**s are intolerant. G**s are a failure of communication.” – Jeanette Winterson
116. “Get lost in the beauty of the Alaskan wilderness.” – Unknown
117. “The more I see as I sit here among the rocks, the more I wonder about what I am not seeing.” – Richard Proennek
118. “Moose are the squirrels of Alaska.” –Tim Moon
119. “Yeah. If I were your age, startin’ fresh… Alaska. It’s the last frontier. Up there, you can be anything you want.” – El Camino
120. “Nobody is accidentally in Alaska. The people who are in Alaska are there because they choose to be, so they’ve sort of got a real frontier ethic. The people are incredibly friendly, interesting, smart people – but they also stay out of each other’s business.” – Marcus Sakey
121. “This was one of the places people told me to go, it was one the big trips that you should see: Alaska.” – Jeff Goldblum
Additional Quotes about Alaska Resources You’ll Love
- Best Quotes about Rome
- Amazing Quotes about London
- Best Quotes about Amsterdam
- 120+ Quotes about Paris
- 150+ Amazing Instagram Captions about New York
- Best Quotes About the Sea
- 190 Amazing Mountain Quotes
- 200+ Best Quotes about Rainbows
- 140 Best Quotes about Sunrise
- 120 Best Lake Quotes for Instagram
- Best Explore Quotes of All Time
Welp, that concludes this epic guide to 120+ stellar quotes about Alaska.
Tell me, after looking for Alaska quotes in this post, do you have a fave? Or did I miss one of the most important quotes about Alaska?
If so then let me know in the comments below. And if you found this post useful, be sure to join our email list and pin it now so that you can read it again later!