Well, my travel-loving friend, the time has come for you to pull up a chair so that you can sit back, relax, and enjoy all of the best travel quotes of all time.
And trust me when I tell you that these quotes about travel aren’t cliche AF sayings like “every cloud has a silver lining.” Like, blech. Gag me with a spoon. Who hasn’t heard that one 1,001 times and is totally over it – especially after the insane, pandemic-filled year we’ve all had to suffer through?
No, quite the contrary. In fact, these beyond awesome quotes about travel are brought to you by straight-up LEGENDS like Louis C.K., the Dalai Lama, Oprah, and Shirley MacLaine, just to name a few.
And rather than make you yawn from boredom, these inspirational travel quotes are designed to (hopefully) touch you on a personal level – and maybe even spur you into action (if we’re lucky).
That’s why, if you’re feeling a bit stuck and like your life is totally lacking purpose, then this list is 110% for you. After all, it features travel quotes of every variety that are created to shake you out of your current state of normalcy.
I mean, we’ve got short travel quotes, long quotes about travel, epic Instagram travel captions, funny quotes about travel, and so much more.
But enough chitty chat. Let’s cut to the chase and cannonball into this epic list of the best travel quotes of all time!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more information. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Best Travel Quotes Short
Looking for some of the best travel quotes that are also quick and easy to read? If so then this epic selection of short quotes about travel is totally for you.
After all, they are short and sweet and pack a whole lotta punch into as few words as possible. Therefore, even if you have trouble concentrating, you’ll still be able to get something out of these short travel quotes.
1. “Travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering in the unknown.” – Gaby Basora
2. “Travel has a way of stretching the mind.” – Ralph Crawshaw
3. “Travel teaches toleration.” – Benjamin Disraeli
4. “People don’t take trips — trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
5. “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
6. “The journey is my home.” – Muriel Rukeyser
7. “I love to travel, but hate to arrive.” – Albert Einstein
8. “Travel not to escape life, but so life doesn’t escape you.” – Unknown
9. “Little by little, one travels far.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
10. “Travelling tends to magnify all human emotions.” – Peter Hoeg
11. “Travel expands the mind and fills the gap.” – Sheda Savage
12. “Still round the corner, there may wait, a new road or a secret gate.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
13. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
14. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
15. “Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn
16. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that’s not why ships were built.” – John A. Shedd
17. “Traveling allows you to become so many different versions of yourself.” – Unknown
18. “Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” – Matthew Karsten
19. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
Famous Travel Quotes
These are some of the best and most famous travel quotes of all time. So, chances are that you’ve probably heard all of these top travel quotes before.
But, guess what? They are famous for a reason and continually inspire thousands of travelers from across the globe. Besides, who knows, you might have forgotten that some of these top quotes about travel even existed.
Plus, whether it’s your first or ten-thousandth time reading some of these travel quotes, I can almost guarantee that scrolling through these iconic travel sayings will leave you with ALL the feels.
20. “Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman.
21. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
22. “Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.” – Unknown
23. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.” – Mark Twain
24. “It is better to see something once, than to hear about it a thousand times.” – Asian Proverb
25. “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
26. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine of Hippo
27. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
28. “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
29. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
30. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
31. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
32. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
33. “To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Anderson
34. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
35. “Life is a journey, not a destination.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
36. “The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
37. “Take only memories, leave only footprints ” – Chief Seattle
38. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
39. “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” – Jo Walton
40. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – lao Tzu
41. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
42. “We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.” – Katie Thurmes
43. “Oh the places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
44. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – unknown
45. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” – Melody Truong
46. “Don’t listen to what they say, go see.” – Chinese Proverb
47. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
48. “The journey, not the arrival matters.” – T. S. Eliot
Best Travel Quotes and Best Quotes About Travel
What can I say? This is just a small collection of some of my all-time favorite travel quotes and quotes about travel. So, if you’re in search of some ultra-rad travel quotes to satiate your unquenchable wanderlust, then this section is where it’s all.
I also love these top quotes about travel because they keep me connected to travel and the inherent beauty of it all, even when I’m stuck at home, doing mundane chores like laundry. Sigh.
49. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener
50. “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, “Wow! What a Ride!” – Hunter S. Thompson
51. “Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard
52. “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilization, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
53. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colours. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” – Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky
54. “Your true traveler finds boredom rather agreeable than painful. It is the symbol of his liberty-his excessive freedom. He accepts his boredom, when it comes, not merely philosophically, but almost with pleasure.” – Aldous Huxley
55. “When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” – William Least Heat Moon
56. “I am not the same having seen the moon shine from the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
57. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” – Robert Frost
58. “Own only what you can always carry with you: know languages, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag.” – Alexander Solzhenitsyn
59. “The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see.” – G.K. Chesterton
60. “I have discovered in life that there are ways of getting almost anywhere you want to go, if you really want to go.” – Langston Hughes
61. “It is probably a pity that every citizen of each state cannot visit all the others, to see the differences, to learn what we have in common, and come back with a richer, fuller understanding of America – in all its beauty, in all its dignity, in all its strength, in support of moral principles.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
62. “If we travel simply to indulge ourselves we are missing some of the greatest lessons life has to offer.” – Unknown
63. “Our footprints always follow us on days when it’s been snowing. They always show us where we’ve been, but never where we’re going.” – Winnie the Pooh
64. “You need not even listen, just wait…the world will offer itself freely to you, unmasking itself.” – Franz Kafka
65. “When a man is a traveler, the world is his house and the sky is his roof, where he hangs his hat is his home, and all the people are his family.” – Drew Bundini Brown
66. “Take the time to put the camera away and gaze in wonder at what’s there in front of you.” – Erick Widman
67. “I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within.” – Lillian Smith
68. “How is it possible to feel nostalgia for a world I never knew?” – Ernesto Che Guevara.
69. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru
70. “We travel initially to lose ourselves; and we travel next to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe where riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again – to slow time down and get taken in, and to fall in love once more.” – Pico Iyer, Why we Travel
71. “To see the world, things dangerous to come to. To see behind the walls, draw closer. To find each other. And to feel. That is the purpose of life.” – Excerpt from The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
72. “It doesn’t matter where you are. You are nowhere compared to where you can go.” – Bob Proctor
73. “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life – and travel – leaves marks on you. Most of the time, those marks – on your body or on your heart – are beautiful. Often, though, they hurt.” – Anthony Bourdain
74. “If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a movable feast.” – Ernest Hemingway
75. “Travel does what good novelists also do to the life of everyday, placing it like a picture in a frame or a gem in its setting, so that the intrinsic qualities are made more clear. Travel does this with the very stuff that everyday life is made of, giving to it the sharp contour and meaning of art.” – Freya Stark
76. “I have worn the dust of many foreign streets, but to brush it off would surely be a crime. I have the memories of many foreign adventures, but to forget them, would surely be a sin. So, breath in the dust, and keep the memories in.” – Rowland Waring-Flood
77. “Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” – Mark Jenkins
Travel with Friends Quotes
Traveling with friends is an amazing experience. However, it can be difficult to find the right set of words to capture the almost magical feeling of venturing off into foreign lands with your besties.
Thankfully though, some infinitely wiser people than myself have come up with some pretty stellar travel with friends quotes then you’ll definitely want to use.
That’s why, if you need a caption for photos from your latest and greatest trip with friends, then these travel with friends quotes should do the trick.
78. “A journey is best measured in friends, not in miles.” – Tim Cahill
79. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain
80. “Friends that travel together, stay together.”
81. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton.
82. “As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.” – Winnie the Pooh
83. “It doesn’t matter where you’re going, it’s who you have beside you.”
84. “As with any journey, who you travel with is more important than the destination.”
85. “Life was meant for great adventure and close friends.”
86. “If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together.” – African proverb
87. “You can pack for every occasion, but a good friend will always be the best thing you could bring!”
88. “There is a whole world out there. Pack your backpack, grab your best friend, and go.”
89. “Sharing adventures means enjoying them 100% more.”
90. “Travel is better with friends.”
91. “A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you.”
92. “In life, it’s not where you go – it’s who you travel with.” – Charles M. Schultz
Best Travel Quotes Inspirational
Sometimes you can feel a bit stuck in the monotony of everyday life. Thankfully though, these inspirational travel quotes are here to shake you and encourage you to look at your life a little differently and do things that you never thought possible.
Therefore, if you’re in dire need of a little travel-related inspiration then these inspirational quotes about travel will be perfect for you!
93. “Don’t get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” – Dolly Parton
94. “Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.” – Frank Tyger
95. “Make your vocation your vacation. That is the secret to success.” – Mark Twain
96. “Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.” – David McCullough Jr.
97. “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
98. “The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” – Paul Coelho
99. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
100. “Travel – the best way to be lost and found at the same time.” – Brenna Smith
101. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
102. “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and start being excited of what could go right.” – Tony Robbins
103. “Fear is only temporary. Regrets last forever.” – Unknown
104. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
105. “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.” – Anatole France
106. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru
107. “We must not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we began and to know the place for the first time.” – T. S. Eliot
108. “A wise traveler never despises his own country.” – Carlo Goldoni
109. “I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on earth. Then I ask myself the same question.” – Harun Yahya.
110. “Not until we are lost do we begin to find ourselves.” – Henry David Thoreau
111. “Experience, travel – these are as education in themselves.” – Euripides
112. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments and places that take our breath away.” – Unknown
113. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
114. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
115. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
116. “It is a big and beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be most of us.” – Oberyn Martell, Game of Thrones
117. “There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky. And you ask “What if I fall?” Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” – Erin Hanson
118. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” – Oscar Wilde
119. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
120. “The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.” – Albert Einstein
121. “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
122. “Time flies. It’s up to you to be the navigator.” – Robert Orben
123. “A year from now, you will wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
124. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
125. “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” – Trenton Lee Stewart
126. “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” J.R.R. Tolkien
127. “With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.” – Sandra Lake
128. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
129. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca
130. “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang
131. “A traveler without observation is a bird without wings.” – Moslih Eddin Saadi
Funny Travel Quotes and Funny Quotes About Travel
As the title suggests, these are awesome, super funny travel quotes that you are sure to love. I mean, not only are these funny quotes about travel from iconic comedians like Louis C.K. but they’re hilarious because they’re real and put a comical spin on the sometimes harsh realities of travel.
So, if you or any of your friends are in need of a seriously good laugh, then this expertly curated selection of funny travel quotes will be perfect for you.
132. “I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls.” – Homer Simpson
133. “I dislike feeling at home when I am abroad.” – George Bernard Shaw
134. “The impulse to travel is one of the hopeful symptoms of life.” – Agnes Repplier
135. ”Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.” – Ghaniya Dewi Arassyi
136. “He who would travel happily must travel light.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
137. “I need a six month vacation, twice a year.” – Anonymous
138. “The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.” – Rudyard Kipling
139. “I want to vacation so long, I forget all my passwords.” – Unknown
140. “Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.” – Paul Theroux
141. “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” – Clifton Fadiman
142. “This is your planet. You should really come see it sometime.” – G. Adventures
143. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
144. “Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.” – Unknown
145. “I’m not lost, I’ve just temporarily lost sight of my destination.” – Unknown
146. ” “I’m bored” is a useless thing to say. You live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen non-percent of.” – Louis C.K.
147. “Once the travel bug bites, there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin.
148. “Nothing lasts forever, except the day before you start your vacation.” – Gayland Anderson
149. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Anon
150. “I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.” – Oscar Wilde
151. “Isn’t it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?” – Zig Ziglar
152. “I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine.” – Caskie Stinnett
153. “Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.” – Charles M. Schulz
154. “Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.” – Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
155. “The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.” – Henry David Thoreau
156. “Too often travel, instead of broadening the mind, merely lengthens the conversation.” – Elizabeth Drew
157. “People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.” – Dagobert D. Runes
Best Travel Instagram Captions and Best Instagram Travel Captions
I see you over there, uploading your photos to Instagram with exactly no idea how to create epic travel Instagram captions that people will actually engage with it.
Yeah, I get it. Been there, done that. That’s also why I created this handy post about some of the best Instagram travel captions around. However, if you want to get a sneak peek at a few of my all-time faves, check out the list below.
158. “Time flies… until you’re counting down the days to your next vacay.”
159. “Will travel for food.”
160. “Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.”
161. “Let’s wander where there is no WiFi.”
162. “Maybe you can’t buy happiness, but you can buy plane tickets.”
163. “It’s bad manners to keep a vacation waiting.”
164. “Travel becomes a strategy for accumulating photographs.”
165. “Wherever you are, be all there.” – Jim Elliot
166. “Keep calm and travel on.”
167. “Catch flights, not feelings.”
168. “Be back never.”
169. “Don’t quit your daydream.” – Anonymous
170. “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.” – Unknown
171. “I decided to skip ahead to the part of my life where I travel the world.”
172. “Tans and jetlag fade, but memories last a lifetime
Short Travel Captions for Instagram
I love me some long-form travel quotes but sometimes I just don’t have the energy or where with all to read some giant, 100+ word long quotes about travel.
So, if you feel like I do or are just in desperate need of some great short travel captions for Instagram, then keep reading my friend. Because these short travel captions are sure to inspire your followers and get those likes ROLLING in like “whoa”.
173. “In a relationship with my passport.”
174. “I’m a travel addict on the road to recovery. Just kidding, I’m headed to the airport.”
175. “I follow my heart…which usually leads me to the nearest airport.”
176. “You can shake the sand from your shoes, but not from your soul.” – Unknown
177. “Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aesop
178. “Don’t call it a dream. Call it a plan.” – Calibe Thompson
179. “I’ve got a case of incurable wanderlust.”
180. “Collect moments, not things.”
181. “Up, up, and away!”
182. “My sweet escape.”
183. “An adventure a day keeps the doctor away.”
184. “Work, travel, save, repeat.”
185. “I want someone to look at me the way I look at a travel brochure.”
186. “Calories don’t count when you’re on vacation.”
187. “Jet lag is for amateurs.” – Dick Clark
188. “‘I hate traveling,” said no traveler ever.”
189. “Permanently out of the office.”
Best Traveling Quotes and Best Quotes about Traveling
These are some of the best traveling quotes and quotes about traveling that really and truly describe what traveling is actually like. Because the truth is, traveling isn’t always easy. In fact, it’s sometimes pretty dang difficult.
However, in the end, we travel because the benefits far outweigh the inconveniences. Plus, when the journey is challenging, you learn a whole lot about yourself and the world around you.
So, here are some of my favorite travel quotes and quotes about travel that relate to the act of traveling and all the BAGGAGE (Had to throw that lame pun in there. It called to me) that comes with it.
190. “All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” – Samuel Johnson
191. “He who does not travel does not know the value of men.” – Moorish proverb
192. “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac
193. “Somewhere on your journey don’t forget to turn around and enjoy the view.” – Unknown
194. “Stuff your eyes with wonder,’ he said, ‘live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. ” – Ray Bradbury
195. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
196. “The best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end.” – Pico Iyer
197. “A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” – John Steinbeck
198. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled.” – Muhammad
199. “The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
200. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
201. “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain
202. “Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard
203. “Travelling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” – Cesare Pavese
204. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
205. “It is not down on any map; true places never are.” – Herman Melville
206. “Trust me, it’s paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the globe and searches for something we haven’t tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It’s probably worth it.” – Richard, The Beach (Alex Garland)
207. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
208. “You go away for a long time and return a different person – you never come all the way back.” – Paul Theroux
209. “It’s a big world out there. It would be a shame not to experience it.” – J. D. Andrews
210. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
211. “The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLaine
212. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” – Babs Hoffman
213. “All the pathos and irony of leaving one’s youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise traveler learns not to repeat successes but tries new places all the time.” – Paul Fussell
214. “To those who stay put, the world is but an imaginary place. But to the movers, the makers, and the shakers, the world is all around, an endless invitation.” – Unknown
215. “There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it.” – Charles Dudley Warner
216. “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
217. “I am not born for one corner; the whole world is my native land.” – Seneca
Additional Quotes Posts You’ll Love
- Best Exploration Quotes Ever
- Best Waterfall Quotes of all Time
- Best Sunrise Quotes and Quotes about Sunrise
- Best Lake Quotes for Instagram
- Epic Rainbow Quotes to Brighten Your Day
- Best Mountain Quotes
- Most Inspiring Quotes about the Sea
- Best Quotes about Greece